Are you inspired by the prospect of joining a fast growth tech business that’s on a mission to tackle climate change?
Manufacture 2030 is a purpose led software company. Our cloud-based product is designed to cut costs, risks and environmental impacts in manufacturing and accelerate global progress towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s). Our mission is to halve the amount of resources used in global manufacturing by the year 2030, making best-in-class resource efficiency simple and achievable for all manufacturers.
We’re now on the hunt for a bright, enthusiastic and highly motivated Operations Executive, reporting into our Head of Operations, to support the growth of our business and increase the positive impact of our services. You will be responsible for maintaining and increasing the efficiency of our operations, ensuring that we have the appropriate processes in place to allow us to manage and deliver to our customers effectively and scale rapidly. You will help our team operate more efficiently and more professionally by identifying and implementing operational improvements.
Working closely with our Head of Operations, you will…
- Be responsible for the business’ data security & quality assurance program - ISO27001 certified
- Manage and support operational efficiency improvement projects, e.g. Migrating our office IT infrastructure onto a cloud-based system
- Identify high priority areas for the business to improve (e.g. reduce costs, redeploy skills, or increase margin), supporting cross-functional teams to tackle them
- Manage the business’ register of contractual clauses, and put in place processes to ensure compliance to these.
- Undertake a first check of new prospective client contracts, flagging areas for concern and work with our legal counsel to produce mark-up and commentary ready for negotiations.
- Ensure contract templates and Terms & Conditions are fit for purpose and work with our legal counsel to make relevant amendments.
- Support the Project Management Office function to ensure quality work is delivered to deadlines.
- Support Head of Operations with other strategic projects including those for the senior leadership team
- Support all functions of the business to work together
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree, ideally in business, operations, or related field
- Work experience in a relevant operational role
- Prior experience of ensuring compliance to contracts or standards would be an asset
- Attention to detail
- Ability to creatively tackle a problem or opportunity, then create a simple process to embed it that others can follow.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, CRM systems (Salesforce) and social media tools (LinkedIn)
- Ability to work well in an international and multi-cultural environment. Impeccable written and spoken English, and fluency in other business languages would be an asset.
- Passionate belief in our mission to tackle climate change by reducing environmental impacts
- You are an energetic person who is self-motived with a strong work ethic
- You feel passionate about supporting our mission to tackle climate change by helping retailers and manufacturers reduce their environmental impacts
- You will have excellent communication skills and must be able to engage confidently with internal and external stakeholders
- You are extremely well-organised, process-oriented and able to put in place a systematic and efficient approaches to support effective delivery
- You understand when to listen, how to empathise and when to ask questions that help us to improve
- You are also aware that working in a tech start-up comes with its own challenges, but are excited by the opportunities this type of environment provides.
What you get
- The opportunity to work with global manufacturing brands and their suppliers, helping them to significantly reduce their GHG emissions and wider environmental impacts on the planet
- An opportunity to help build a game changing software company from an early stage
- A culture of empowerment, with high levels of personal responsibility given from day one
- The opportunity to work with inspirational colleagues who are highly passionate and motivated by a belief that the work they do positively contributes to a more sustainable future
- An environment where new ideas and innovation are encouraged and rewarded
Location: Oxford: Hybrid working available, 2-3days of office time per week preferred.
Remuneration: £20-30k dependent on experience
Tenure: Full time / permanent
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Manufacture 2030 (trading as 2degrees Ltd) is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to ensuring that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age or disability, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of merit.
Any personal data we collect from you as part of a recruitment process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR