HGV Class 2 Driver - Harlow, Essex.
£38,000 basic. Plus a retention and attendance bonus (40,500 OTE)
We offer a great package that includes:
• A competitive salary and potential to earn a quarterly bonus of up to £375 payable until Sept 2023
• 31 days holiday increasing to 33 days with service, with the option to purchase more
• Huge discounts on our award-winning food and catering equipment
• Recognition awards and incentives including a refer a friend scheme where you could earn up to £1,000 per referral.
• Pension with company contributions up to 4%
• Real career opportunities - being part of Sysco, the world's leading foodservice business, opens up a world of possibility
About the role:
Our drivers are responsible for the successful delivery of food & catering products to the nation's schools, care homes, restaurants and pubs. You'll be joining our over 2,000 strong team of drivers who help us to ensure our customers receive quality service.
We're looking for drivers whose enthusiasm to do a great job shines through in everything they do. Working a 45hr week, our shift patterns are 5 out of 7 days working just 1 Saturday in every 4. You'll have a positive outlook that will help you thrive in the achievement of the following daily responsibilities:
- Delivery of customer orders on a 18t manual/automatic vehicle
- Accurate order picking once at our customer's sites
- Ensuring product temperatures are maintained
- Vehicle checks to ensure roadworthiness and compliance with VOSA
- Compliance with our Safe Systems of Work as well as hygiene and other related legislation
To be successful in the role you'll need:
• HGV2 license, Digital Tachograph Card, Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
• Basic administration skills to help you complete delivery paperwork effectively and in a timely manner
• Good communication skills which enable you to deliver excellent customer service and work well with your Brakes colleagues
• A commitment to doing the right thing and prioritising the experience of our customers.
• Whilst not essential, multi drop experience is preferred.
We're passionate about what we do, we want colleagues we recruit to feel the same way. At Brakes we're committed to creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity. We don't want you to "fit" our culture, we want you to help define it. Bring you whole self to work
There's a lot on offer so what are you waiting for?