About The Pituitary Foundation
The Pituitary Foundation is the leading charity in the UK and Republic of Ireland supporting people affected by pituitary conditions. From the moment someone is diagnosed with a pituitary condition through treatment and beyond, we’re here providing support, information and a community. We empower people with a pituitary condition and work towards greater awareness and understanding of pituitary disease.
Please visit our website for further information https://pituitary.org.uk/
Equal Opportunities Statement:
The Pituitary Foundation is an equal opportunities employer. We are particularly interested to hear from candidates from under-represented groups including: women, disabled people, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
Overview of the Role:
The Communications & Projects Officer plays an important role in promoting the charity by delivering effective communications, developing reach to key audiences, and engaging positively with the pituitary community through social networks and our website. In addition, delivering and co-ordinating projects, collaborating with colleagues and volunteers as required.
Digital Communications & Social Media Activity
Deliver The Pituitary Foundation’s social and digital presence including:
- Social media – create, publish and schedule posts on social platforms for Patient Services and Fundraising activities and updates. Focus on trends/hashtags and engaging with health care professionals at relevant touchpoints.
- Content and email marketing – pooling content, scheduling posts across digital platforms and social networks and designing mailouts.
- Maintain The Pituitary Foundation’s reputation by identifying risks and developing contingency plans, applying methods and procedures to uphold communication standards as necessary.
- Create visually appealing, inclusive and engaging communications, including writing and editing copy, design and branding work for brochures etc.
- Coordinate the charity’s communications’ plan for Patient Services and Fundraising, with campaigns, awareness and general updates.
- Assist with producing e-bulletins (both recurring and stand-alone) for various audiences, eg; volunteers, members, and endocrine professionals.
- Update information on the website relating to activities for Patient & Family Services and Fundraising. Eg; news articles, support group information, helpline availability, and publication files to download.
- Support continued improvement and retargeting of the current website. Contribute to development of visuals and branding for a new website.
- Lead on researching and ordering merchandise for awareness and fundraising campaigns.
Patient & Family Services
- Awareness Campaigns – implement project plans for awareness campaigns, including social media interaction, graphics and logos.
- Programme of virtual and face-to-face events – working alongside the Events & Volunteers Manager, supporting planning and delivery of smaller-scale events, e.g. Twitter Takeovers, regional meetings, volunteer training, focus groups and Q&As.
- Develop and build relationships with Endocrine Professionals. Eg; promoting our Clinic Resource Packs, inviting them to join mailing lists, and encouraging involvement with online activities, such as podcasts
- National Pituitary Conference – working alongside the Events & Volunteers Manager, implement the project plan for the annual conference.
- External events – prepare and distribute materials for information stands and promotional activities at external events, such as the Society for Endocrinology
Data Management & Analytics
- Enable Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) of the current website, videos, content etc.
- Collect key data, analytics and stats as required; supporting monitoring and evaluation activities to inform our work.
- Keep the database up to date with information relating to contributors, such as; members, fundraisers, donors, volunteers, healthcare professionals.
Office & Financial Management
- Produce monthly report of social media trends and activities of interest for the CEO and Trustees.
- Support the Office & Finance Manager with creative design and effective organisation of office meetings, both internal and external
- Knowledge management and document retention within the office for both internal and external communications.
- Demonstrable experience of marketing and/or communications, ideally within a charity.
- Proven experience of planning, sourcing, and/or writing engaging online content across a portfolio of social media channels.
- Demonstrable experience of website content development and management, e.g. Umbraco
- Online graphic design experience, e.g. Canva
- Experience of using Customer and Donor Relationship Management Systems, e.g. Subscriber
- Experience of engaging with an online community within a healthcare context; ideally for rare diseases.
- Design and development of campaigns for promoting awareness and fundraising
- Organising high-profile activities and events, internally and externally.
- Experience of working with volunteers from a variety of backgrounds
- Project management skills and experience.
- Collaboration within a small and supportive team.
Education and Qualifications
- Education equivalent to degree level
- Progress towards relevant professional certifications an advantage. Eg; Chartered Institute of Marketing, Chartered Institute of Public Relations, Institute of Direct & Digital Marketing
- Full-Time Hours: 35 hours per week
- Contract: 6 months fixed term, with potential to extend
- Salary band: £22,000 - £25,000 pro-rata
- Holiday: 26 days pro-rata plus public and statutory holidays
- Location: National Support Office, Bristol, with flexible working
Please send your CV and cover letter before 25th November 2021 at midday. If possible, then interviews will take place face-2-face in Bristol during the week or so afterwards.
For more information, please contact Sîan Pitman at firstname.lastname@example.org