Production Manager - Welshpool, Powys, SY21 7BE
Company established in the UK in 1956 and has since developed into one of the world’s largest manufacturers of Pipe Suspension Equipment with facilities in the UK, Thailand, India and Norway.
- Market leaders in the field of Pipe Suspension Equipment.
- Friendly working environment.
- Competitive Salary.
- Annual salary review.
- Generous Company Pension.
- Free Car Parking.
- Working within the Nuclear industry
To organise and oversee the manufacturing of Engineered Pipe Suspension Equipment and Fabrications. Responsible for the smooth running of the shop floor and the quality of output. The goal is to achieve an efficient and productive manufacturing process that meets customer requirements.
The role of Production Manager:
- Liaise with other Managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements.
- Organise workflow to meet specifications and deadlines.
- Monitor production to resolve issues.
- Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel.
- Enforce Company policies and rules and carry out disciplinaries as required following consultation with the Contracts Manager and HR.
- Communicate with Supervisors, Managers, and internal departments to allow efficient running of the process.
- Attend production meetings with Supervisors, Managers and Directors of the department.
- Determine amount of necessary resources (workforce, raw materials etc.).
- Liaise with HR regarding recruitment requirements.
- Ensure output meets quality standards.
- Take reasonable instructions from other Heads of Departments or Directors.
- Comply with all current and future Company, HR, H&S, Quality and Environmental system, policies, and procedures.
- Lead and motivate Production Supervisors.
The ideal Production Manager:
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations.
- Excellent IT Skills, including Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, Excel and knowledge of Production scheduling and planning tools. Knowledge of Factory Master Access MRP Software would be advantageous.
- Ability to direct personnel towards maximum performance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach.
- Knowledge of Access Factory Master MRP Software would be advantageous.