Bookkeeper / Office Administrator
Robertsbridge, East Sussex, TN32 5DG
Up to £25,000 per annum + Benefits
Quality service is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with excellent customer service, we work together to build a service that is first class, reliable and delivered on time for our clients.
We put the team first and solve important challenges for our customers daily, to deliver best in class service.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a self-motivated and results-driven Bookkeeper and Office Administrator to direct and manage our general accounting function along with some office administrating.
The successful candidate for this role should possess excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of business functions, exceptional budgeting, and finance skills, and strong leadership qualities.
- Enthusiasm and passion to deliver exceptional client service.
- Excellent customer service mannerism.
- Confidence with numbers and have a high attention to detail with a level of accuracy.
- Excellent proven organisation, multi-tasking skills and enjoyment in building strong working relationships.
- Reporting to the Managing Director.
- Assist in inputting supplier invoices and keeping purchase ledger up to date
- To raise cheques and set up BACS payment runs for all suppliers once account reconciliation has been authorised.
- To maintain orderly and timely filing of all purchase ledger documentation.
- Ensure that the tidiness, cleanliness, and security of the accounts department are always maintained.
- Reconcile supplier accounts with customer statements monthly, ready for payment.
- Preparing the end of months bacs run.
- To receive details of the daily banking and credit/debit card receipts within the division and post onto the system.
- Ad hoc duties as and when required.
- Input of expenditure costs and maintaining nominal ledgers.
- Monthly preparation of figures and documents for accountants.
- Potential cover for Payroll and VAT returns when necessary.
- Overseeing and assisting where necessary the processing of daily cash sales received. Collating and inputting information to update the Sales Ledger.
- Daily banking.
- Running invoice and credit note batches once a month and posting out.
- Assist in chasing outstanding debts on the Sales Ledger.
- To liaise with all account customers to ensure that their accounts are settled in a timely manner and to take credit card receipts from account customers as instructed by them.
- Running debtor letters and posting out.
- Resolving customer queries to ensure prompt payment is received.
- Deal with customer queries in relation to their invoices and provide copy documents as requested. If any issues need to be passed on to other members of staff in other departments the responses need to be monitored and followed up as required.
- To update management on the credit control situation as required and attend debtor’s meetings.
- Be prepared to work overtime, with reasonable notice, if required by Management
- Candidates will need to have previous accounts experience and be a general all-rounder from within an account’s role.
- You must be educated to GCSE (or equivalent) grades A to C standard.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of working within an account’s environment is preferred.
- Good knowledge of different business functions.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Computer literate.
- Proactive nature.
- Organisation skills, ability to perform tasks and prioritise work, especially when there are conflicting demands.
- Work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to interpret financial data and produce relevant reports.
- Pragmatic in your approach to problem-solving.
- Good communicator, making sure tasks are clearly understood and taking personal responsibility in dealing with queries to/from the client engagement teams.
- Attention to detail and the personal motivation to perform your role to the highest standards.
- Always punctual, flexible, and responsive in how you approach your work.
Training and development
Our training and development approach broadens and deepens your knowledge and is focussed on the learning experience you get in doing the role (70%), learning from others around you (20%) and formal training courses (10%). We call this 70-20-10. That means you’ll learn most from an outstanding variety of work, picking up the business, personal and technical skills you need to do well.
Robertsbridge, East Sussex.
The skills we look for
Our people are curious and put quality first and foremost. They are inclusive and invest in themselves and their teams. They adapt to new challenges with flexibility, agility, and intelligence. They speak up, role modelling constructive challenge whilst also being open to challenge themselves. They take pride in their profession, their work, and their passion to deliver to the highest quality.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.