** Apprenticeship Assessor required **
Our Apprentices are based in and around Surrey, Berkshire, London and West Sussex
We are looking for an enthusiastic qualified assessor who has the drive and enthusiasm to want to teach and train others to achieve their qualifications.
To qualify, you must hold either A1, CAVA or D32/D33 and have occupational competence/experience to teach:
- Administration services
- Customer Services
- Team Leaders or Supervisors
- Warehousing staff
Not required but desired:
- Hospitality Team Members and Supervisors
Unqualified applicants are also welcome to apply.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Ofsted Outstanding team and want to teach and train others to reach their full potential in order to help them succeed both professionally and personally.
You will play an integral part in guiding individuals through their apprenticeship programmes, helping them to successfully achieve their course requirements.
This full time role will involve a combination of visiting apprentices in their workplaces, working from home and working from the office.
Monday to Friday - 9:00am to 5:30pm
- To effectively manage your own caseload, you will assess and support apprentices throughout the duration of their apprenticeship
- Set individual targets for each apprentice to ensure target dates are met
- Manage your diary efficiently, to ensure regular contact with allocated apprentices
- Monitor apprentices' progress, ensuring any challenges are overcome
Weir Training are based in Chobham, Surrey and the majority of our apprentices are based within a 30 mile radius of our office. To be the ideal applicant, you will need to be living within a 30 mile radius of GU24 (Woking) and must be prepared to travel to visit apprentices.
- Occupational competence in the sectors listed above
- Assessor qualification (A1 or CAVA or D32/33)
- A good standard of general education e.g. 5 GCSE (or equivalent) must include English and maths
- Full Drivers Licence, use of own car and not be afraid to drive on motorways
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- The ability to work independently and manage your own time effectively
- A 'want to learn' attitude
- Flexibility and adaptability
- A good sense of humour!
- Uncapped bonus opportunities
- Company mileage paid
- Opportunity to work from home
- All resources required for the role will be issued (Laptop, iPhone, etc)
- 29 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays) - 3 of which are to be taken at Christmas as we are closed
- In addition to the 29 days holiday we also give our staff 2 x 1/2 half day holiday. 1/2 day on Christmas Eve and 1/2 day New Years Eve
- Opportunity to join a Cash Back scheme (Simply Health) following a successful probationary period. This gives cash back for personal care such as dental, optical and chiropractor, along with many more.
- Company pension
- Fun social activities ran throughout the year (when permitted (subject to current COVID-19 restrictions)
All COVID-19 precautionary measures are in place.
Weir Training Limited are the ONLY Independent Learning Provider to have achieved 'Outstanding - Ofsted Grade 1's in all areas of the Common Inspection Framework, in the 2017/18 academic year.