An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Full- Time 2nd Line IT Support/Helpdesk Technician within an established, growing and highly regarded Microsoft Certified Gold Partner IT Support Services business.
Salary: circa £23-25,000 per annum, 24 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
Excellent training and development opportunities.
As an experienced 2nd Line IT Support Technician, you will be responsible for supporting a growing SME customer base, have solid customer service and technical skills and enjoy dealing with users of all levels.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Handling case escalations and providing 2nd line support for customers via the helpdesk; online, via email and telephone, troubleshooting and responding to customer requirements
- Recording and monitoring incidents and reported problems, updating the CRM system with information as required
- Provide technical support and other IT related services remotely or on site such as server installations, system migrations, network installations, configuration and support
- Ensuring quality of service by developing and maintaining a thorough and detailed knowledge of technical products and services
- Achieving and maintaining helpdesk KPIs and SLAs
- Multi-tasking, tracking and responding to tickets at various stages of completion
- Communicating the root cause and resolutions to customers in non-technical terms
- Identifying themes and trends and developing tools to improve business processes or the customer experience
- Coaching and mentoring of more junior team members
- Managing or supporting internal and customer projects as required
- Maintaining commitment to personal development of technical knowledge & skills in line with business requirements and certifications
- Communicating effectively with hardware & software suppliers and external support providers as required
To be successful in the role you will have:
- A full UK driving licence to enable you to undertake works on client sites as required
- Previous experience of supporting, managing and troubleshooting on a busy service desk. This will include excellent technical knowledge and experience of networking principles, operating systems, hardware and software which is likely to include:
- Microsoft 365, Azure and Office apps
- Remote support and management tools
- Windows Server operating systems, admin and maintenance
- Virtualised platforms
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Remote access tools and file and folder security
- Microsoft Technical qualifications or other equivalent industry recognised qualifications
- A strong desire to grow and develop; a self-starter with the motivation and drive to learn
- The ability to work within a fast paced, deadline orientated environment
- The aptitude and ability to pick things up and learn new skills/technologies quickly and easily
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels, as a team player
- Excellent problem-solving skills, through analysis and critical thinking
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
In return you will have the opportunity to grow and develop within a professional, friendly team with the scope and exposure to really contribute and make a difference to both personal and business success.
Working hours: Monday – Friday 37.5 hours, 0900- 1730 with some flexibility required for out of hours working, including very occasional weekends