- £65K to £70K + OTE
- 27 Days Holidays + BH
- Workplace Pension (6% employer contribution)
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
Who are UKWIR?
UKWIR (UK Water Industry Research) is responsible for facilitating the shaping of the water industry's research agenda, managing key projects, and disseminating the outputs to the water companies in the UK & Ireland. Our ambition is to create a platform for research and innovation that meets the challenges of the water industry, involving key stakeholders to deliver real outcomes and benefits to the sector.
Reporting directly to the CEO
To support the delivery of research projects, develop and maintain a funding strategy in line with the UKWIR ‘Big Questions’ Research Programme’s needs and manage the preparation and timely submission of grant proposals. Act as the coordinator for successfully funded projects in which UKWIR is a leading partner.
Responsibilities of the Role, but not limited to:
- Creating and implementing a Funding Strategy that is supported by the members
- Identifying and evaluating call areas appropriate to current and future research programmes/projects
- Support the development of proposals, assembling key information such as objectives, outcomes, deliverables, resourcing, organisational requirements, and project implementation
- Designing, preparing, and getting sign off for all funding projects
- Day to day management of the proposal development process. Here you will provide subject matter on grant applications
- Keeping an overview of the technical and strategic alignment of a proposal to the chosen call
- Monitoring funding levels and keeping robust records of: funding secured and related agreements
- Providing regular reports and information to funding partners as required
- Providing regular reports and updates to the UKWIR CEO and Board
Establishing and Maintaining relationships
- Engaging with key stakeholders to ensure the funding strategy remains relevant to short, medium- and long-term objectives
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with potential collaborators for funding
- Engagement with internal and external stakeholders during the fund raising and follow up process
- Promote UKWIR strategy, brand, and image positively at all meetings, events, and conferences
- Adhere to company policy and procedures
- Work towards continued professional development (CPD)
Key attributes and experience:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Astute commercial awareness and experience with financial aspects of business
- Excellent programme management and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective relationship-building skills at all levels
- Demonstrable experience in the management and development of large and complex proposals that involve multiple national and/or international stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills and able to work towards deadlines
- Able to use initiative and creativity to achieve the best outcome
- Confidence to challenge current practise in a constructive and appropriate way
- Track record of highly effective stakeholder engagement
- Microsoft proficiency: Outlook, Word, Excel (Advanced), Access and PowerPoint.
- Media outlets: LinkedIn, Twitter etc.
- Experience of working with UK & European partners and agencies, e.g., UKRI, Horizon 2020, Interreg, etc.
- Considerable knowledge and technical experience within the water industry