Thank you for your interest in this position. Malachi is an innovative specialist therapeutic family support service that offers a diverse range of services to children and families in over 300 schools and other community settings. We have a team of 60 dedicated staff, working with the most vulnerable children and families, whilst it may be a challenging profession the rewards in seeing a family make lasting change really are wonderful.
What is on offer?
As well as being a great and rewarding place to work, we also offer a very attractive package including:
- Generous holiday entitlement of 45 days per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working and diary management
- Access to both internal and external training as required
Hours of Work
We are seeking to appoint a self-motivated full / part time Family Support Worker to work across Birmingham.
Experience & Skills Required
It is essential that the successful postholder has previous demonstrable experience of working directly with children in need on both a one to one and group/family basis. Having the confidence, to positively influence family situations, you will need:
- a good standard of education including GCSE’s in English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Level 3 in Counselling or other therapeutic qualification
- Safeguarding and child protection awareness
- an understanding and knowledge of child development
- be able to communicate effectively with children and families
- liaise with class teachers, adults and Children’s Services and professionals within external agencies where appropriate.
- maintain accurate written records, update the case tracker system to record session notes and produce high quality concise reports
- experience of completing Early Help Assessments, Action Plans, and Outcome Star Assessments
- able to work on own initiative and as a member of a wider team
- ability to maintain a professional distance whilst fostering close working partnerships
- good IT skills
- have a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle is essential
- be committed to flexible working, travelling to different sites, school visits and multi-agency meetings
To apply for this role, please download the attached recruitment pack and return your completed application form to email@example.com.
Alternatively, please email us if you would like a pack posted out to you.
Unfortunately, due to the nature of this role we are unable to accept CV’s.
Please note that the selection process will consist of an initial psychometric test as well as a two stage interview.
While we would like to contact all our candidates, unfortunately, this is not possible so if you have not heard from us a week after the closing date, your application has been unsuccessful.
At this time we are not accepting application forms from applicants who have applied within the past six months.
We may close this advert early should we get sufficient volume of quality candidates, so please do not delay sending in your application.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.