37 hours per week Monday to Friday Salary: £30,480 – £35,093 per annum - Grade 5
Location – Service Headquarters, Calcot, Reading
Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service (RBFRS) are seeking to recruit a Procurement Specialist to join the Procurement team.
As a Procurement Specialist, you will provide professional up-to-date commercial advice on all procurement and contract matters that is compliant with all relevant legislation. You will deliver a professional transparent procurement processes that delivers value for money wherever possible through the engagement and influencing of internal stakeholders.
The key focus of this role is:
- To work with internal customers and suppliers to deliver compliant, value for money procurement projects
- Delivering a total procurement solution to the internal customer from initial sourcing, specification writing, transparent evaluation processes and completion of contract documents.
- Advising on opportunities to deliver supply chain improvements
- Support the Service in the delivery of Corporate Plan and service plan at an operational level by providing procurement and contract management support and continuous service improvement
- Actively working with internal staff to introduce procurement specifications and manage tenders
- Provide supplier feedback,
Key role requirement include:
- Working knowledge of Procurement legislation including EU Legislation Good knowledge of contract management tools
- Experience of project management
- Experience of managing complex procurement end to end and delivering commercial benefits
Qualifications required are:
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and supply (MCIPS) or nearly qualified.
In return RBFRS offers flexible working arrangements to help manage work-life balance, generous holiday allowance and personal benefits, including childcare vouchers, onsite gym facilities and an excellent pension scheme.
Application process: NO CV’S OR AGENCIES
If you are interested in applying for this position, an application pack, including a full job profile can be obtained from our website
http://www.rbfrs.co.uk/working-for-us/vacancies/ and then select Support and Management Vacancies.
Completed applications should be sent to either firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service, Human Resources Department, Newsham Court, Pincents Kiln, Calcot, Reading, RG31 7SD
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 7 December 2016 at 1700 hours
Interview date: To be advised.
Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service is committed to equality of opportunity, and is actively seeking a more diverse workforce. If you are disabled and meet the essential criteria of the role, you will be guaranteed an interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.