Revenue Accountant 37 hours per week £30,480 – £35,093 per annum Grade 5
Based in Calcot, Reading
Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service (RBFRS) are seeking to recruit a Revenue Accountant to join their Finance and Procurement Team based at their service headquarters, located just off junction 12 of the M4. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Revenue Accountant will need to have a hands-on approach and will experience a broad variety of tasks, as well as a high level of autonomy. This is a great opportunity for the post-holder to be able to consolidate their learning and development, and to get involved in a wide range of accounting duties that will help take the post holder to the next level in their career.
The key focus of this role is:
- To produce annual and longer term financial plans and budgets and maintain, monitor & report on allocated areas of responsibility within the Service;
- To provide strategic analysis, interpretation, planning and advice, including identification of financial risks;
- To undertake a lead role to support the implementation of new initiatives / change management;
- To assist with the closing of the accounts at year-end, to prepare aspects of the statutory accounts, in line with CIPFA guidance, and manage the audit process for these areas.
- To undertake the lead role to manage the month-end balance sheet reconciliations.
Key role requirements include:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to produce financial policies, procedures, reports, and to provide advice and support to non-financial managers/senior management and elected members.
- Experience in setting and monitoring substantial budgets within a challenging financial environment;
- Experience of year-end practices and procedures and have help prepare and submit final accounts;
- Knowledge of the statutory and regulatory framework within the range or responsibilities of the role;
- A positive “hand-on” approach to achieving own and team goals
Qualifications required are:
- CCAB qualified (including CPD) or equivalent
In return RBFRS offers flexible working arrangements to help manage work-life balance, generous holiday allowance and personal benefits, including childcare vouchers, onsite gym facilities and an excellent pension scheme.
Application process: NO CV’S OR AGENCIES
If you are interested in applying for this position, an application pack, including a full job profile can be obtained from our website
http://www.rbfrs.co.uk/working-for-us/vacancies/ and then select Vacancies.
Completed applications should be sent to either firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service, Human Resources Department, Newsham Court, Pincents Kiln, Calcot, Reading, RG31 7SD
Closing date for applications is Monday 05 December 2016 at 1700 hours
Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service is committed to equality of opportunity, and is actively seeking a more diverse workforce. If you are disabled and meet the essential criteria of the role, you will be guaranteed an interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.