Health and Safety Advisor
The HR Dept Ltd provides the complete range of outsourced HR and Health and Safety Services to small and medium sized businesses across the UK and Ireland. The services are provided through a network of franchised offices (Licensees) for HR and Associates for Health and Safety.
Role Title: Health and Safety Advisor
Full time: 37.5 hrs per week
- Qualified starting at £26,000
Purpose of role: To support the provision of health and safety services across the network and provide the service within the Bristol, Bath and North Somerset region, ensuring we meet our response times and quality standards at all times and making every customer contact with the HR Dept a positive experience.
Working closely with both HR and HS Dept’s to provide admin support to all business functions offering innovative ideas for processes to support our growth plans.
Line Manager: Head of H&S
Location: Based at our Head Office - Emerson Green Bristol
Due to the nature of the role you will be required to visit our customer offices and sites mainly across South West area but national travel may be required on occasions.
- Build and maintain effective and positive lasting relationships with clients, business partners and suppliers.
- Provide a high level of client service and professionalism at all times
- Provide general ‘good sense’ commercial Health and Safety advice to clients
- Prepare client reports and other documentation using provided data
- Maintain an understanding of a company’s responsibilities under health and safety legislation
- Chair or attend H&S meetings
- Provide high level H&S support to clients in relation to their contracts.
- Complete Risk Assessment H&S Audits and inspections.
- Write H&S Policy and other subsequent procedure as required by the client.
- Work closely with the Business Support Administrator on the administration of client accounts.
- Monitor quality and identify ways we can improve our services
- Allocate work through the Associate network
- Arrangement of contract renewals and insurance documentation.
- Course Administration included taking bookings and supporting marketing/promotion.
- Management of the online Learning Management System.
- Support in drafting H&S documentation.
- Support and provide ideas and content for the health and safety newsletter
- Update policies and procedures in line with legislative changes and under the guidance of the Head of H&S and Senior Advisor(s)
- Support the H&S team with sales and business development meetings
- Report on new clients and any cancellations to the Head of H&S monthly
- Work with the Finance department to ensure all work is invoiced accurately and in a timely manner
HR Dept premises
- To support health and safety services ensuring we are compliant, and that staff work in a safe manner
- Build and sustain lasting relationships with Licensees and Associates
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all clients
- Work closely with the HR Dept (Bristol) Ltd team
- Work closely with HR Dept Ltd
- Identify and with line manager action own training and development needs.
- Maintain knowledge of Company portfolio of services
To work at all times in a way that demonstrates our core values:
- We are a winning team
- We are honest and open with each other, our customers and our business partners.
- We are customer focused
- We work with a sense of urgency
- We continually update our skills and knowledge
- We are professionals
- We embrace change and strive for continuous improvement
- Above all we love what we do and have fun.
Qualifications and experience required for this role
- NEBOSH Fire or General Certificate(s)
- Technical Member of IOSH (TechIOSH) or working towards this qualifictions
- 1 years H&S experience – (Essential)
- A strong knowledge of Health and Safety Law
- Experience of assisting with risk assessments and producing associated documentation
- Experience in administrating Health and Safety Policies and associated documents
- Must have a good telephone manner, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Evidence of being clearly focused on action and delivery
- Commercially aware of needs of small businesses
- IT literate and experience of Microsoft packages including word and excel
- Accuracy and attention to detail paramount
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work with (and relate to) staff at all levels
- A flexible, commercial and sensible approach towards Health and Safety matters
- Confident and with a belief in your own ability
- Responsible attitude
- Willing to develop both H&S knowledge and technical abilities
- Able to use your own initiative in solving problems
- Able to work as part of a team, yet also independently
- Able to negotiate effectively
- Able to work under pressure
- Life Long Learner
- Good sense of humour
- Full and valid driving licence
Apply for Health and Safety Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly