Learning Support Assistant with Care (Craven Arms)
Learning Support Assistant with Care based in Craven Arms, Shropshire offering a salary of £18,000 - £20,000 per annum depending upon experience. Fixed-term contract until July 2020.
Derwen College is an Ofsted 'Outstanding' college. We support students with learning difficulties and disabilities to live the life they want and to be as independent as they can be. We work hard to develop the skills needed for employment and independent living - our aim is to recruit the best staff possible to deliver this first class experience to our students.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Learning Support Assistant to join our team at Craven Arms. You will be supporting the planning and delivery of relevant and challenging vocational/subject specific sessions and embedded functional skills for students and clients including supporting work experience. You will also be required to undertake personal care duties as required.
We are a Disability Confident employer and we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitable applicants.
The role of Learning Support Assistant:
- Supporting the delivery of vocational / subject specific curriculum including embedded functional skills
- Supporting the delivery of accreditation where appropriate
- Providing personal care on a one to one basis for a student
- Facilitating work experience sessions
- Contribution to the provision and promotion of relevant IAG for student/client groups
- Supporting the baseline and ongoing assessment of students and trainees
- Support the production of organisational marketing materials and stock
- Contribution to administration work e.g. assessment reports, learning plans, progress reporting
- Development / use of appropriate and stimulating teaching resources including ICT
- Contribution to quality assurance of all aspects of the curriculum area including involvement in Self -Assessment, Quality Improvement and compliance audits
- Contribution to curriculum / commercial development to ensure that curriculum area strands remain relevant and challenging including fostering effective partnerships e.g. Industry Champion / Competition activity
The ideal Learning Support Assistant:
- LSA qualification
- Relevant Industry Sector / commercial knowledge and experience
- Experience in a care capacity would be an advantage
- Proven success of working within a similar role
- Knowledge of Ofsted framework / external quality standards
- Knowledge of Accreditation and RARPA
- Outstanding communication skills with individuals/staff at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects
- Highly motivated individual
- Competent in MS Office
We can offer the right candidate a competitive salary and a range of benefits such as enhanced family-friendly policies, generous annual leave, staff discounts and extensive continual professional development opportunities.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and adults at risk and expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Apply for Learning Support Assistant with Care (Craven Arms)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly