Arlington Automotive are a fast growing 1st tier automotive manufacturer supplying some of the UK's biggest OEMs and are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join our team based in Birmingham.
Summary of Position
Reporting into the Head of Quality, the Quality Engineer will work with as part of a team liaising with other departments including production, engineering and commercial to develop and implement practices that emphasise defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide continuous improvement in meeting customer requirements.
In all aspects of the job, the Quality Engineer will operate in an accurate and efficient manner to promote Arlington Automotive’s public image. The Quality Engineer will also have a dotted line into the Site Manager and will be the first point of contact for all quality related activities on site.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development of Control Plans for the various product families produced at Arlington Automotive. This includes Prototype, Pre-launch and Production Control Plans consistent with the requirements set forth in the AIAG Advanced Product Quality Planning Reference Manual.
- Support the ongoing development and refinement of the Quality, Environmental and H&S system, including activities related to internal audits and quality system core teams.
- Make use of and also encourage the use of industry leading techniques for continuous improvement such as Six Sigma, Error Proofing and Measurement System Analysis.
- Participate in the development and refinement of design and process FMEAs (failure mode and effects analysis).
- Respond to all customer quality concerns ensuring they are investigated and responded to in a timely manner, while maintaining adequate communication takes place to foster good customer relations and putting in place required improvements and monitoring to ensure problem resolution and improve customer satisfaction.
- Carry out internal audits and conduct activities to ensure compliance to TS16949, ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001.
- To control all measuring equipment on site and perform calibrations to the prescribed schedule to ensure the measuring equipment is functioning as it should be.
- To ensure ‘1st off’ checks and finished goods audits take place to ensure product quality meets specified requirements by liaising with Team Leaders and Production Staff.
- To ensure controlled quality documentation/drawings are developed current and relevant while ensuring the correct versions are available within the site and to ensure obsolete documentation drawings are withdrawn and archived/destroyed as appropriate.
- Oversee all quality activities such as laboratory product analysis, customer PPAPs, receiving inspection, product inspection and measurement analysis.
- Understand and implement any other customer specific quality standards.
Key Business Priorities for Role (inc KPI and Targets)
- Measurement of Internal rejects (PPM)
- Measured on rejects per customer (PPM)
- Measure COPQ
- Achievement and maintenance of Industry standards required by the Company such as ISO9001 and IATF16949
- Other targets to be confirmed by Head of Quality
Apply for Quality Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly