Assembly Technician – Permanent - Telford
We are recruiting on behalf of a well-established, multi-national manufacturer. They are looking for a new (Electro / Mechanical) Assembly Technician, to initially join them on a permanent basis, to work on a day shift at their Telford site.
Duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Assembling sub-components and components into assemblies using various electro-mechanical hand tools
- Testing of assembled components / assemblies using standard or bespoke test equipment
- Vacuum leak testing of built assemblies and instruments
- Ensure the timely administration of internal and external customer documentation including certificates of conformity and customer performance documents
- Complete final test reports and shipping documentation
- Communicate professionally and effectively with clients and other agents with whom the company has contact with
Package comes with overtime at 1.5, attendance bonus and generous holiday allocation.
This is skilled, precision assembly and you MUST have a sound mechanical background in a precision assembly / electronic repair environment. Experience with reading technical drawings is advantageous. Experience with Verniers, micrometers, gauges and electrical check testing is advantageous but not essential.
Off-site work is occasionally required so you will ideally have your own transport; you must also be well presented and have excellent communication skills.
The site is accessible from Shrewsbury, Telford, Wolverhampton, Stafford, Walsall, Newport, Shifnal, Bridgnorth etc
Alternative job titles would include Technician, Quality Technician, Electro Fitter, Assembly Tech, Electro-Mechanical Fitter, Lap top Repair, Mobile Phone Repair, AV Repair etc