Graduate Trainee Accountant
Graduate Trainee Accountant
£15,000 - £18,000 plus study package
Lesser & Co are a well-established accountancy firm based in Chingford.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing team of 17 employees at our offices in Chingford, East London. Our firm provides accountancy services to our client base growing in number now above 800 individuals and companies in the UK and overseas. Our clients range in size across all different industries.
Lesser & Co was established in 1988 and over this period we have significantly increased our client base by offering a high level of expertise and experience to privately owned businesses
We pride ourselves on a high quality service, maintaining close and regular contact with our clients. "We measure our success by yours". Our strength is in being committed and enthusiastic about the success of your business as well as giving a personal and friendly service at competitive cost.
Lesser & Co are recruiting for a new accountancy position due. A 2019 graduate with a minimum 2:1 or recently AAT Level 4 qualified. The successful candidate will study the ACA qualification following a successful 3 month probation period. Paid study support and time off for courses and exams is part of the package. With potential for future progression within the company.
The successful candidate whether they have prior knowledge or not from studies will adopt a similar role. Prior accounting knowledge will mean a faster acceleration of learning within the firm. The type of work we do includes sole traders, Ltd companies, VAT, PAYE and other services.
- Preparing VAT calculations & returns
- Managing Bank reconciliations
- Management accounts
- Double entry bookkeeping
- Daily Bookkeeping tasks
- Use of Quickbooks online
- Receipt Bank (scanning of receipts to reduce data entry).
- Recommending process improvements and speeding up the way we work.
- Emailing clients for information and general communication.
- Sole trader accounts (once accomplished at other tasks).
- Ltd company accounts after 18 months depending on development.
- 2019 graduate with a minimum 2:1 or recently AAT Level 4 qualified
- Good working knowledge of MS Office including Excel and Word.
- Excellent attention to detail and client focus
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues and clients
- Highly organised and motivated
- Team player
- Passion for new technology
- Able to deal with confidential / sensitive information
- Ability to work off own initiative
- Flexible can do attitude
Hours will be 9.20 to 5.30. Benefits include Pension, 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays and parking.
If you feel you’re the person we’re looking for, please send your CV along with a covering letter explaining why we should hire you.