Project Engineer based in Coventry.
£30,000 to £37,000 plus car allowance, pension, life cover and 25 days holiday.
The ideal Project Engineer will be experienced in the following areas:
- Tier one supply into Automotive
- Understand APQP and PPAP
- Project Management
- Hands on approach across varying projects
Summary of Position
The Project Engineer is responsible for coordinating all project elements including engineering design, quality planning, installation, commissioning and final buy-off phases as well as ensuring the project remains within budget in order to meet the requirements of the customer’s needs. They will work on many phases or sub-tasks of projects or entire projects of moderate complexity, with results impacting on project completion. They will predominantly be self-managed with regular reports back to the Senior Project Engineer and Engineering Manager at project milestones and/or project completion. Predominately self-managed with regular reports back to Engineering manager/Senior Project Manager
- Coordinate all project elements including planning, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and final buy-off phases ensuring that it is managed within budget and tracked against project timing plan as well as any other relevant KPIs for the project.
- Work closely with the Customer to allow you to react quickly and track any changes in specification, while being present at customer premises/meetings to provide reports/project progress in line with APQP requirements.
- Manage Customer and internal Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and participate in Part Approval Process (PPAP) processes.
- Define the customer specification into either a departmental action or sub-supplier order and manage the project requirements and resources (including sourcing sub-contract elements) around these while tracking progress through and being able to present updates where required.
- Produce deliverables on-time to customer requirements, clarifying these requirements where necessary.
- Effectively analyse customer and internal changes, including feasibility study.
- Apply specific technical skills as required to support customer or colleagues and assist design verification and sign off reporting.
- Produce clear, focused and understandable explanations for change requests (PPCN) and accurately cost any change in specification.
- Anticipate any potential project risks, identifying and establishing corrective actions and performing root cause analysis to resolve problems.
- Participate in Failure Mode and Effects Analyse (PFMEA), quality history reviews, robustness studies, etc.
- Quality control of work by appropriate reviews.
- Undertake special projects as required.
- Proactively seek out opportunities for new or repeat business.
- Contribute/undertake to continuous improvement activities, both in terms of the business and personally (training & development as well as staying up to date with Engineering trends and industry news).
- Independently determine approach and assigned tasks.
Key Business Priorities for Role (inc KPI and Targets)
- Delivery of projects to target timescales and customer requirements.
- Referrals of potential new.
Arlington Automotive are a fast growing 1st tier automotive manufacturer supplying some of the UK's biggest OEMs and are looking for an experienced Project Engineer to join their team based in Coventry and covering customer based across the Midlands.