Salary and Benefits:
- Salary of c.£50,000 per annum (depending on skills and experience)
- 25 days holiday entitlement, increasing by 1 day each year up to a maximum of 27 days plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
- Company pension offering: 10% Employer pension contribution, 3% employee pension contribution.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (PMI) or Health Cash Plan.
- Death in service x 3 of your salary.
- Season Ticket Loan.
- Social Committee participation
- An extra day off on birthdays
- Flexible dress code on appropriate days
The role of Treasury Accountant:
The Treasury Accountant will be responsible for the delivery of all financial processes and controls for ChamberCustoms Limited. ChamberCustoms is a start-up business that is a wholly owned subsidiary of the British Chambers of Commerce (BCC). You will influence key stakeholders in the ChamberCustoms agency network, its suppliers and its customers.
Role and Responsibilities:
This is a key role within the ChamberCustoms working in partnership with the ChamberCustoms Team.
- In partnership with the ChamberCustoms Team and our accounts team create a working process for the capture and control of all ChamberCustoms transactions from our suppliers and agents to ensure that we have an auditable and accurate record of trading, money in and money out
- Create and develop an operations manual for ChamberCustoms financial systems
- Carry out a review of our supplier agreements and ensure that all supplier contracts and agent service level agreements (SLA’s) are held in Share-point, shared with our accountants and accounted for in our forecasting of future costs
- Produce a process map that reflects the flow of money through the ChamberCustoms accounts system and clearly shows the intervention and control points. Agree the map with the Project Director before adding to the operations manual
- Develop and implement a system for regular weekly reporting of the project finances and deliver and improve the report as the project progresses
- Contribute to the overall aims of the ChamberCustoms project at team meetings, provide ideas and delivering actions that improve output and success
- Be recognised as the ‘Owner’ of the ChamberCustoms financial processes and back office system and critical to the continued growth and success of the project.
- Provide day-to-day support guidance and line management advice to the Project Director on matters of Financial Control
Working in cooperation with the Project Director.
- Develop relationships with the network of ChamberCustoms agents across the UK.
- Lead on the development of financial systems with input from our network
- Where appropriate, deliver external facing representation activity on ChamberCustoms and also support others in the BCC with such campaigns
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- The ability to work as part of a team on the ChamberCustoms project and with others across the organisation
- Previous experience of project management within a Financial System Implementation remit
- Ability to lead on the development of new systems and procedures
- Ability to suggest ideas as part of change management
- Ability to work in a complex stakeholder environment
- Ability to positively influence at all levels
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
Qualified Accountant or Working towards ACCA qualification
Computer literacy skills:
Microsoft proficiency: Outlook, Word, Excel – Advanced Level
In-house Customs Clearance system, accredited by HMRC (training will be provided)
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
The British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) is one of the country’s leading business organisations. It is the national body for a powerful and influential network of 53 Accredited Chambers of Commerce. At this critical time for business and the country, BCC has been an influential voice on a range of key issues. We are ambitious about growing our impact and reach on behalf of our members.
The Chambers are private organisations that sit at the heart of the local business community providing representation, services, information and guidance to its members.
The BCC also works closely with a growing global network of British Chambers of Commerce and other business organisations that are affiliate members of the BCC.
Further details can be found on the BCC website: www.britishchambers.org.uk.
ChamberCustoms is a wholly owned subsidiary of the British Chambers of Commerce. A customs brokerage service introduced by the British Chambers of Commerce and the Accredited Chamber Network.
With our extensive knowledge, reputation and first-class service in facilitating international trade, we can take the hassle out customs brokerage when exporting and importing goods.
The service is offered direct to businesses and through UK freight forwarders, ensuring that customs clearance is accurate, timely and avoids additional costs through delays or errors.
With direct links to the HMRC customs handling system and all inventory linked ports, ChamberCustoms can ensure that your goods, no matter where they enter or leave the UK, will be cleared for onward transportation smoothly. We can help you to keep your time sensitive supply chains, moving efficiently and economically.
We are now currently recruiting for agile, passionate, driven and flexible individuals who want to join our team and contribute to the success of our business and add value where it matters.
Working in partnership with the HR Department Ltd to recruit the best talent.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment or is disadvantaged on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.