Lighter HR Solutions is an HR consultancy that specialises in providing support to small and medium sized companies. We pride ourselves on really understanding the challenges that our clients face and have built a team of HR consultants that provide pragmatic, proven solutions and advice, rather than ‘one size fits all, read from a script’ guidance.
We do not operate a call-centre type model; we get to know our clients as it’s only by understanding the people and environment that we can really help businesses to accurately assess their risk when dealing with HR issues.
We now need to hire a new addition to our team. We are looking for an HR Consultant to help us provide support to our clients. This role will be varied, busy and challenging and will give the successful application exposure to a broad range of complex HR issues
- To provide HR guidance to clients either through face-to-face engagement and telephone and email support as well as the production of documentation.
- To contribute to business growth through effective account management and by contributing to sales and marketing activities.
- Assist clients in articulating their HR matters and help them understand whether a real risk exists as opposed to a perceived risk.
- Having confirmed the HR matter, provide practical and pragmatic guidance ensuring that the client is aware of the advantages and disadvantages associated with the proposed approach.
- Perform the work to the highest standard within the agreed parameters
- Produce detailed written guidance notes which give clear direction to clients.
- Undertake HR activities, i.e. disciplinary and grievance investigations and meetings, on behalf of clients.
- Guide clients through the Employment Tribunal process.
- Produce contracts and policies for clients.
- Undertake HR project work, i.e. design and implementation of performance appraisal processes, for clients.
- Develop an understanding of the environment and culture of each client and the HR challenges faced.
- Create account plans for each client and monitor progress against this plan
- Anticipate and meet client expectations, ensuring client satisfaction with the service delivered.
- Ensure regular contact with primary and key stakeholders within the client, creating opportunities for discussing additional ways to help
- Participate in leading or supporting sales meetings with new clients
- Contribute to the production and review of information to support sales activities, including the development of service sheets and the creation of sales proposals.
- Contribute to producing materials to support specific and on-going marketing activities, including regular writing of blog posts on topics which are relevant to our target market.
- Contribute to the development of the processes, tools and templates used in the delivery of work.
Here are the behaviours that we feel we make you successful in this role:
- EMPATHETIC - Intuitive to client environment and culture and able to assess the challenges these are likely to create. Able to build empathy with clients quickly and easily and demonstrate an appreciation of their position.
- FORWARD THINKING - Ability to anticipate impact of decision-making. Application of good judgement in changing circumstances and ability to remain calm in pressurised situations.
- PROBLEM SOLVER - Listen to complex challenges and logically work through root causes, implement solutions and offer options to address.
- EXCELLENT COMMUNICATOR - Demonstrates excellent presentation skills, excellent communication and listening skills. A relationship builder.
- ORGANISATION & TIME MANAGEMENT - Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively in the face of multiple changing priorities.
- DETAIL FOCUSED - Able to assimilate detail and communicate to relevant parties. Able to remain focused on task in a dynamic, changing environment.
Skills and Experience
- Experience using the Office suite of products.
- Level 5 CIPD qualification is absolutely essential. Please don't apply if you don't have this as your application cannot be considered.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing business that does work that is interesting and challenging. To apply, please forward your CV and a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and your salary expectation. Applicants that don't provide both a CV and covering letter will not be considered.