This is a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Controller to join our small Head Office Finance Team primarily based in Spalding.
Ideally you may be working in a similar type role and will have a good overall understanding of what the role entails along with some practical experience.
Working directly with the Finance Director, you will be responsible for all day-to-day accounting and financial matters, maintaining our financial policies and procedures as well as overseeing statutory and management reporting. Whilst our systems and processes are already established, this is a great opportunity to use your creative flair to develop all areas and help us maximise our potential.
You will have up to date knowledge on accounting standards and best practice, as well as an ability to pick up the additional financial responsibilities that are required working in a bingo/gaming environment.
In addition, you will lead and manage a small financial administrative support team to ensure the smooth running of the overall finance function.
- Support the business reporting process, through timely and accurate financial information, monthly management reporting (including fixed assets, balance sheet reconciliations, overseeing accruals, prepayments and stocks, and any other accounting adjustments as required), statutory accounts and business performance reporting.
- Oversee all company accounts and controls, and sales/purchase ledgers, ensuring financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, reported and free from error to facilitate quick and efficient production of accurate financial reports and other management information
- Undertaking forecasting on a regular basis so the business remains on track in respect of run rates/budget
- Working closely with the FD to ensure we accurately budget and help to facilitate successful completion of the annual budgeting exercise
- Preparation of Year End financial statements for the business
- Manage day to day cash flow for the business
- Prepare and undertake VAT returns, and complete returns for gaming related tax
- Ensure compliance with Regulatory reporting requirements
- Lead and manage the finance team by providing support and inspiring them, ensuring any development areas are addressed
- Work towards creating lean, efficient finance processes and reporting
- Proactively liaise with the business where appropriate to:
- Review and address monthly variance analysis
- Gather information and assumptions to ensure figures remain in line with forecast or are adjusted
- Preparation of board packs
- Liaising with external auditors and organisations such as the Bingo Association and HMRC
- Support completion of admin tasks such as car fleet maintenance, insurance/s etc
- Complete Payroll returns, P11d etc
Carry out any other duties as reasonably required to meet business demand
Our ideal candidate will have:
- CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualification or equivalent
- A track record of delivering high-quality results to tight deadlines
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- An ability to build effective relationships with both Central and Club Teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid experience of working with and developing Excel based reports
- Year-end financial statements and preparation experience
- Experience of working with SAGE 200 or similar
- A strong operational focus and be a self-starter, with an ability to work as part of a small team
- Flexible in terms of working hours and location, with an ability to travel to our Clubs across England and Wales where appropriate as well as work out of our other main support office in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
If the answer is yes to all of the above then we want to speak with you.
The Pay & Benefits:
- Competitive salary expected to be between £35-£45,000 dependent on experience
- Bonus scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Childcare Vouchers
Majestic Bingo Limited are one of the largest operators of retail Bingo, currently having 16 clubs across the UK.
The Majestic experience is all about ensuring our customers have a great time from walking through our doors to leaving, and feel they have been entertained and looked after - it’s about the personal touch! Majestic Bingo utilise the latest technology in entertainment and we tailor this to our individual clubs. We offer our customers lots of fun but with a truly local flavour.
If you feel you have the essential requirements we are looking for and are interested in this position, please apply with copy of your CV and covering letter stating why you think you will be a great fit to join our team.
If you haven’t heard from us within 5 days of the closing date, you should assume that you application has been unsuccessful.