Lean Manufacturing Change Leader
Lean Manufacturing Change Leader - Hortonwood, Telford offering an attractive salary and benefits package.
The role of Lean Manufacturing Change Leader:
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will deliver continuous improvement across the site. Identify, propose and implement improvement ideas using appropriate tools linked to the site's objectives.
- Manage cross functional improvement initiatives within all areas of the site.
- Coordinate site improvement plan with relevant working groups.
- Lead and implement the MIFA and integrate measurement of lead-time.
- Carry out internal and external benchmarking.
- Establish and implement effective communication for all teams on site.
- Deploy 5S, SMED, TPM, Hoshin, auto-quality.
- Organise Kaizen reviews by defining topics, participants and by validating contents presented to the management team.
- Create and optimise standards for implementation of improvement ideas.
- Implement and facilitate the best practice methodology.
- Create and update training modules.
- Have expert knowledge of roadmap and carry out the assessment and the progress of the site.
- Train managers on lean deployment.
- Train employees on lean culture.
- Lead workgroups together with the managers.
Health, Safety, Environment and Energy
- Apply hygiene, security and environment rules and processes concerning team.
- Ensure that the lean approach works well.
- Guarantee that methodology is applied in the frame of defined standards.
- Audit work, check robustness of standard.
- Accompany managers during implementation of deployment plan.
- Apply quality procedures.
The Ideal Lean Manufacturing Change Leader:
- Formal qualification in Engineering, Lean Methodology or Production Management.
- 5 years experience in Lean manufacturing (high medium and low volume environments. Make to order / make to stock / Kanban / Push Pull).
- 3 years experience in Value stream mapping.
- 5 years experience in leading Continuous improvement Methodology.
- Experience of Multi-site matrix organisation experience.
- Experienced Coach and mentor.
- Experienced leader of teams.
About Hager Group:
We are an independent family-owned and run business with our Head Office based in Blieskastel, Germany. Hager Group is one of the industry's innovation leaders with 11,650 employees generating a turnover of circa €2 billion. Our products are produced in 28 locations around the globe and we have customers in more than 125 countries all over the world who place trust in them
In the UK our primary market is the supply of electrical installation systems in residential and commercial buildings. Creating solutions in close consultation with its customers we have the vision: ‘To add value to peoples’ lives and their buildings through smart, eco-efficient and energy saving solutions and services.