Brand and Marketing Manager
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary of c.£40,000 (depending on skills and experience) - pro-rata if on a part time basis.
- 25 days holiday entitlement, increasing by 1 day each year up to a maximum of 27 days plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
- Company pension offering: 10% Employer pension contribution, 3% employee pension contribution.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (PMI) or Health Cash Plan.
- Death in service x 3 of your salary.
- Season Ticket Loan.
The role of Brand and Marketing Manager:
As part of a newly established, multi-discipline communications team you will be required to manage all aspects of our brand and marketing work. You will be responsible for the end-to-end marketing of key BCC events and products across all channels, including social media. You will also be responsible for marketing major BCC campaigns, producing marketing communications to support our commercial partnerships and overseeing the Business Togetherness campaign which aims to raise awareness of the Chamber network. You will be adept at managing multiple projects at the same time and be able to spot upcoming opportunities and possible risks for the BCC brand. This new role is key to ensuring that our audiences are engaged and informed about our work, at the right time and across a range of channels.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and ensure delivery of integrated marketing and communications plans to support promotion and delivery of BCC events, campaigns, products and services
- Develop a good understanding of the BCC network and build strong relationships across the BCC team and with marketing personnel across the network
- Manage and deliver the Business Togetherness campaign including monitoring and evaluating its progress, liaising with the Steering Group and broader membership, and managing the external agency
- Support BCC employees to promote, protect and grow the brand e.g. provide guidance on using social media, to gather content for cross-channel use etc.
- Be aware of and flag potential opportunities and/or risks for the BCC brand
- Work across the communications and wider BCC team to produce creative content to increase engagement with key audiences across a range of channels, inc. social media and the BCC website.
- Produce in house marcomms including some copywriting / copy editing and some design work
- Develop effective processes for managing marketing work and improve ways of working across the BCC team
- Liaise with external providers in the creation and coordination of a range of marcomms as required
- Scope and develop a marketing training and support plan for network marketing personnel
- Line manage the Marketing Officer
- Adhere to company policy and procedures
- Planning and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship-building and stakeholder management skills
- Awareness of brand opportunities and risks
- Attention to detail
- Creative thinking
- Experience of working on marketing campaigns
- Experience of working in a membership organisation an advantage
- Experience of line management an advantage
- Design skills (desirable)
- Experience of membership or trade body (desirable)
Computer literacy skills:
- Microsoft proficiency: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- In-house CRM system
- E-marketing software
- Canva / Indesign (desirable)
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week or agreed part time hours within a job share arrangement
The British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) is one of the country’s leading business organisations. It is the national body for a powerful and influential network of 53 Accredited Chambers of Commerce. At this critical time for business and the country, BCC has been an influential voice on a range of key issues. We are ambitious about growing our impact and reach on behalf of our members.
The Chambers are organisations that sit at the heart of the local business community providing representation, services, information and guidance to its members.
The BCC also works closely with a growing global network of British Chambers of Commerce and other business organisations that are affiliate members of the BCC.
We are now currently recruiting for agile, passionate, driven and flexible individuals who want to join our team and contribute to the success of our business and add value where it matters.
Working in partnership with the HR Department Ltd to recruit the best talent.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment or is disadvantaged on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.