Supply Materials Manager
Supply Materials Manager - Hortonwood, Telford offering an attractive salary and benefits package.
The role of Supply Materials Manager:
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be responsible for the planning of all materials (Raw Materials, components semi-finished and finished products) for a production site to enable optimised finished product availability in the distribution network and to support the development of all Hager sales channels.
Sales and Operations Planning
Prepare the monthly Sales & Operations Planning Meeting, namely by;
- Clustering the production into planning cells.
- Consolidating the demand (inputs of the monthly demand reviews done with markets).
- Calculating the inventory gaps in the distribution network against stock parameters set up by the demand team, assessing past performance per production cell / line.
- Lead the monthly Sales & Operations Planning Meeting; being in charge of setting production capacities per production cell line and securing bottlenecks availability.
- Execute the decisions taken during the Sales & Operations Planning Meeting.
- Align demand with the Demand Team in case of production shortage.
- Align MRP each week and plan the weekly production workload.
- Procure raw materials, components & plan the semi-finished products to enable the production of the weekly production workload.
- Synchronise the inventories of raw materials, components, semi-finished & finished products to optimise total DIO and to reduce inventory depreciation.
- Manage the life cycle of raw, components and semi-finished materials in case of product modification.
- Ensure that production parameters (lot size, lead time) & procurement parameters (order quantity, lead time, safety stock) are optimised to support the activity, and collaborate with production & sourcing teams to improve them.
- Ensure with production that all next availability dates are in SAP for missing references.
- Chase urgent production and ensure customers do not wait long for products.
- Manage projects linked to production line transfer or change of activities.
- Display weekly KPI reports per production cell.
- Manage a team (team organisation, recruitment, PDI, continuous improvement, team leading).
Health, Safety, Environment and Energy
- Apply hygiene, security and environment rules and processes concerning team.
The idea Supply Materials Manager:
- Degree or professional qualification in Supply Chain Management.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Supply Chain and driving Sales and Operational Planning.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Production Planning & Procurement.
- At an advance level in SAP and Excel.
- Experience in working in a multi-national matrix organisation.
About Hager Group:
We are an independent family-owned and run business with our Head Office based in Blieskastel, Germany. Hager Group is one of the industry's innovation leaders with 11,650 employees generating a turnover of circa €2 billion. Our products are produced in 28 locations around the globe and we have customers in more than 125 countries all over the world who place trust in them
In the UK our primary market is the supply of electrical installation systems in residential and commercial buildings. Creating solutions in close consultation with its customers we have the vision: ‘To add value to peoples’ lives and their buildings through smart, eco-efficient and energy saving solutions and services.