Senior HR Advisor
Job Role: Senior HR Advisor
Hours: Full time – Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm (40 hours per week)
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 per annum based on experience
Contract: 6-month fixed term contract (subject to review)
The HR Dept provides outsourced HR support to a range of businesses throughout the UK.
Our people are exceptional HR professionals, with expert employment law knowledge. They also have to demonstrate a high degree of commercial awareness and an understanding of how HR fits with our client’s commercial needs.
The HR Advisor role will report to the HR Business Partner and work directly with a client based in Chesterfield.
- Working with the HR Business Partner to provide day to day HR support to managers and staff on site.
- Support with recruitment projects by writing job descriptions and posting adverts, candidate and manager liaison, shortlisting and interviewing candidates, developing selection criteria, making offers and communicating counter offers and onboarding new starters.
- Preparing employment documentation (including employment contracts and offer packs) for new employees.
- Coordinating and processing payroll activity onsite and liaising with the external payroll provider to ensure staff are paid correctly on time.
- Supporting workforce monitoring and planning activity, ensuring reporting accuracy and arrangements are in place to engage the right people with the right skills at the right time.
- Supporting the procurement of agency workers to supplement the permanent workforce.
- Coordinate the annual pay review process and supporting the HR Business Partner in negotiating an agreement with trade unions.
- Meeting trade unions and staff representatives at joint consultation meetings
- Undertaking background checks, risk and compliance requirements, to ensure staff have the necessary permissions, skills and capabilities to work for the company.
- Supporting employee relations issues including disciplinaries, capability and grievances ensuring compliance with employment law.
- Coordinating appraisals to ensure standards are met and process is completed on time.
- Ensuring all HR records are kept up to date and are accurate, adhering to the requirements of GDPR. Developing and implementing HR systems to suit the needs of the client. Generating and issuing both routine and ad-hoc HR reports as required.
- Administering employee benefits.
- Other HR projects as required.
Knowledge, Education and Experience Required
- Part-Qualified or working towards CIPD level 5 or above
- Graduate calibre. A graduate or master’s degree in HRM or related subject is desirable
- Strong organisation and administration skills
- Experience of managing high volume and senior level recruitment campaigns
- Good UK employment law knowledge
- Experience of working in a fast-paced business environment
- Good MS Office skills – Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- TUPE knowledge desirable
- Strong payroll experience desirable
- Experience of working within a trade union environment desirable