Finance & Accounts Manager
Finance & Accounts Manager - Barnard Castle, Durham
Honeyman Group Ltd, a growing SME provides specialist laboratory and engineering services to the global pharmaceutical industry.
Based in Barnard Castle, UK and with an operations centre in Dublin, Ireland, the company is looking to appoint an experienced individual to oversee the business accounting function.
This is an exciting position for an individual with willingness to learn and increase their knowledge inline with business expansion. The company is moving much more heavily into manufacturing and global export.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the main responsibilities of the role are:
- Manage and assist the small accounting team who tend to look after the sales & purchase ledgers.
- Prepare management accounts on a monthly basis
- Maintain an upto date company cashflow
- Provide management and analysis reports as required to assist the operations board.
- Responsible for credit control; ensuring low debtor days and escalating non payment accordingly.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the company bank accounts including preparing payment runs and daily bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for the calculation and payment of wages, overtime, PAYE/NI, pensions and preparation of all associated documentation (payslips,submissions, P60/45 etc)
- Prepare VAT returns for both UK & Irish VAT
- Submit EC sales list declaration
- Work alongside our appointed accountants & auditors in the preparation of annual accounts and to manage the annual end of year audit.
- Provide the appointed accountants information for calculation of directors' P11Ds.
- Keep afoot of changing rules and regulations
In order to carry out the responsibilities of the role of Finance & Accounts Manager, the following experience is expected:
- AAT qualified as minimum however candidates working towards or holding a relevant chartership are desired.
- Candidates are required to have a minimum of 5 years experience working within industry or practice.
- In depth knowledge and experience of Sage 50 cloud professional accounts & payroll (with pension bolt on)
- Understanding of the auto-enrolment pension process
- Knowledge and experience of running a payroll system.
- To have a sound understanding of UK VAT including partial exemption
- Knowledge of Irish VAT is desirable but not essential
- To have a broad knowledge of company secretarial requirements
- Office software packages in particular Excel, Word & Outlook
The ideal candidate will display a willingness to learn and partake in external training as required to assist the company to grow.
This is a full time, permanent position. Salary is negotiable based upon experience.