Residential Care Worker
Including Telford, Shrewsbury, Church Stretton, Craven Arms and Surrounding Areas.
Starting Salary of £22,356 per annum, no qualification or previous experience required. Salary will increase on completion of full training and upon completion of QCF Level 3 qualification.
A full manual driving licence is required for this position.
We are a childcare organisation that provide an integrated service to vulnerable young people who have experienced trauma in their lives resulting in emotional behavioural difficulties. Our integrated service provides a nurturing and structured approach designed to empower and develop young people in our care.
We believe that it is the right of every young person to live in a safe, warm and nurturing environment without fear of abuse. If you share these beliefs we would love for you to join our team – you don’t need to worry about qualifications and experience, you just need to be committed to enhancing a young persons’ life and future as our dedicated team provide industry leading training to equip you with the necessary skills to deliver these beliefs.
As a residential care worker you will be involved with:
- Promoting normal development inside and outside of the home environments for the children and young persons.
- Ensuring the children and young persons in our care have as much responsibility for their own lives as possible and as appropriate.
- Ensuring all key stages of the children and young persons in our care have their admissions, discharges and transfers properly managed and recorded.
- Work as part of the team in the running of the homes to meet the expressed needs of the children or young persons in our home accommodation.
- Ensuring all of the above is compliant with Children’s Home Regulations, Care Standards Act 2000 and the Children Act 1989
Please note the above is just indicative of some duties of the role, full details can be obtained once an application has been made.
We operate a variety of shift patterns which do include sleep in’s however as a company we understand the importance of a work life balance and all our managers work with their teams to achieve this.
If you feel this role is for you, as a company some of the benefits we offer are:
- Two-week comprehensive class room based induction programme that incorporates the CWDC standards.
- Competitive salary.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Rewards for outdoor qualifications.
- A firm emphasis on learning and development, including opportunities to gain a range of nationally recognised qualifications and industry-leading training which has contributed towards us being considered an employer of choice within our sector.
- The opportunity to progress within the company, which is proven as many of our managers and senior managers began their careers with us as Residential Care Workers.
- A company culture where people are valued, supported and their contributions are recognised.
Please note this list if not exhaustive.
Due to the location of our homes a full manual driving licence and access to transport is required. It is highly likely that you will be required to work in more than one location. Positions are subject to referencing and enhanced DBS disclosure.
Applicants will be subject to a thorough recruitment process, this is in line with safer recruitment. If you have any questions regarding this, please highlight these in your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,356 /year
Apply for Residential Care Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly