Support Practitioner - Waking Nights
Support Practitioner - Waking Nights. Based in Oswestry, Shropshire offering a salary of £18,500 per annum.
Derwen College is an Ofsted “Outstanding” college. We support students with learning difficulties and disabilities to live the life they want and to be as independent as they can be. We work hard to develop the skills needed for employment and independent living - our aim is to recruit the best possible staff to deliver this first class experience to our students.
We are a Disability Confident employer and we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitable applicants.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Support Practitioner - Waking Nights to join our Care Team. You will work across our main campus to maintain a stable and caring environment that puts the health, safety and welfare of our students and clients first.
The key role responsibilities of the Support Practitioner - Waking Nights are:
- Liaise with Duty Manager for handover purposes
- Undertake periodic checks of residences across campus throughout the shift
- Be available for radio transmissions and requests for support from residences
- Deal with emergencies and where appropriate liaise with on call management
- Work flexibly across campus supporting students to access the residential provision
- Take an active role in supporting students to develop their personal care and daily life skills
- Provision of pastoral support to students in liaison with families and key support services
- Contribute to the production of positive behaviour support plans
- Deliver effective student support regarding behaviours of concern
- Safeguarding awareness and promotion in all aspects of the role to promote the welfare of adults at risk
- Proven success of working within a similar role
- Excellent organisation skills
- Subject specific qualifications would be an advantage
- A caring, compassionate and empathic nature
- Outstanding communication skills with individuals/staff at all levels
- Knowledge of the CQC framework and external quality standards
- Highly motivated individual
- Competent in MS Office
We can offer the right candidate a well-resourced and modern working environment, situated in a beautiful rural setting. We have a fantastic array of employee benefits including on-site shopping and leisure facilities, final salary pension scheme, 30 days' annual leave, term time only working, recognition schemes, flexible working arrangements and extensive continual professional development opportunities.
The successful candidates will be required to work on a 2 nights on/2 nights off basis and work every other weekend.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and adults at risk and expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
CLOSING DATE - 6th March 2019