Housekeeper based in Gobowen, Oswestry, offering a salary of £16,010 per annum. This is a permanent full time position, although we will consider a job share arrangement.
Derwen College is an Ofsted “Outstanding” college. We support students with learning difficulties and disabilities to live the life they want and to be as independent as they can be. We work hard to develop the skills needed for employment and independent living - our aim is to recruit the best staff possible to deliver this first class experience to our students.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a housekeeper to join our College. You will work as part of the Housekeeping Team to ensure the college and residences are cleaned to a high standard in accordance with College procedures and cleaning schedules, in addition to the individual needs and requirements of students and departments
We are a Disability Confident employer and we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitable applicants.
The key role responsibilities are:
- Ensure all areas of the College/Residences are cleaned to a high standard
- Compliance with specific cleaning guidelines, schedules, college policies and statutory requirements including H&S and COSHH.
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of staff and students at all times
- Ensure that all equipment is in full, safe working order
- Report any maintenance concerns or damaged facilities to the Campus Team
- Always be alert and use your own initiative
- Previous housekeeping experience in a similar environment
- Background working in the care sector would be advantageous
- A relevant qualifications would be desirable
- Good communication skills
- Confident and motivated individual
- Uses initiative
- Possess high standards of cleanliness
We can offer the right candidate a well-resourced and modern working environment, situated in a beautiful rural setting. We have a fantastic array of employee benefits including main-site shopping and leisure facilities, final salary pension scheme, flexible working arrangements, enhanced family friendly benefits, generous annual leave entitlement and continual professional development.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and adults at risk and expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.