Food Centre Lead
7 days left
- Full Time
Food Centre Lead based in Gobowen, Oswestry, Shropshire offering a salary of £18,700 per annum.
For a catering and hospitality role, the hours are excellent with minimal weekend work.
Derwen College is an Ofsted 'Outstanding' college. We support students with learning difficulties and disabilities to live the life they want and to be as independent as they can be. We work hard to develop the skills needed for employment and independent living - our aim is to recruit the best staff possible to deliver this first class experience to our students.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Food Centre Lead to join our Hospitality and Catering team. You will work as part of a team across all Hospitality and Catering outlets. Our food centre is a purpose built learning environment where our students work alongside staff to make cakes, bread, jams and chutneys amongst other items which are then sold at local markets.
In this role you will oversee the day-to-day running of the food centre, taking a lead on what is produced, advising and guiding staff and students alike. You will liaise with the Events Manager and Supervisor to plan, budget, prepare and produce orders of all food centre products.
The role is advertised as full time but we would consider job share if appropriate and we would consider funding relevant training and qualifications for the right candidate.
The role of Food Centre Lead:
- Design, plan and produce all food products to meet order requirements, predominately making cakes, bread, jams and chutneys
- Design new products and menus (afternoon tea) and ensure all relevant paperwork is created for them
- Direct and liaise with teaching staff and clients to produce orders in a timely manner
- Allocating daily tasks to operational staff working within the food centre
- Implementing dietary requirements where appropriate-ensuring that all food labels are accurate and follow government guild lines
- Liaise with supervisor(s) to ensure implementation of health and safety, risk assessments, COSHH and other related administrative roles
- Main point of contact for EHO within the area
- To ensure all EHO, hygiene and food safety rules are maintained to the highest standards
- Budgeting and costing for all products
- Assist with catering for internal/ external events
- Client Work mentor
- To be flexible across all HCS food outlets
- Work occasional weekends
- Opening/closing of the food centre
The ideal Food Centre Lead:
- NVQ level 2 food preparation and cooking
- Level 2 food hygiene certificate or equivalent desirable
- Experience in a kitchen environment
- Experience of baking and working under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good knowledge of nutrition and dietary requirements.
We can offer the right candidate a well-resourced and modern working environment, situated in a beautiful rural setting. We have a fantastic array of employee benefits including on-site shopping and leisure facilities (including a Gym and Swimming Pool), final salary pension scheme, enhanced family-friendly policies, generous annual leave, staff discounts and extensive continual professional development opportunities.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and adults at risk and expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are a Disability Confident employer and we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitable applicants.
Apply for Food Centre Lead
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly