Key Account Manager
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Key Account Manager, working Nationally with earnings of up to £35k per annum + 15% bonus + car/allowance + enhanced benefits.
Mapa Professionnel is a leading global player in the manufacturing of high quality and innovative hand protection (PPE) that is designed to overcome the constraints of the professional and industrial world, as well as to meet increasing demands for protection and comfort. As a global leader in hand protection, Mapa Professionnel is the industrial arm of Mapa Spontex, a household name in the UK. Mapa also manufactures a range of industrial sponges, scourers and wipes for the Catering/Food Sector which again opens up further opportunities and scope for growth. Mapa Professionnel is constantly looking to improve its product range, and has had major success providing PPE solutions across the globe.
Reporting into the UK Country Sales Manager - Mapa Spontex Professionnel Division, the KAM will be responsible for proactively developing existing Distributor Partners, but with the majority of focus in conversion of New Business with End Users - with the PULL effect back to Distribution.
Critical to the success of the KAM role will be the strong work ethic and desire to succeed through conversion of end user opportunities in conjunction with the ability to develop and manage Key Distributor Partner relationships.
The Key Account Manager's primary focus is about ensuring strong and sustainable distributor relationships through development of end user opportunities - optimising distribution efficiencies and developing a high level of service.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of success, along with strong negotiation skills, and a customer-focused approach. Ideally he/she will have experience in working for a Global manufacturer and associated competencies. Experience in PPE is not essential as candidates with strong potential, commercial acumen and/or Technical practices will positively impact this role.
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in improving sales performance and implementing change;
- A focus on sales end user development, adding value and consistently high service levels;
- Adept at managing negotiations associated with multi-channel & multi-site;
- Adept at influencing internal and external decision makers at all levels;
- Using innovative techniques to take new ideas to market;
- A background in both B2B and B2C activities would be advantageous;
- Strong ethics: work honestly, diligently and with integrity;
- Adaptable to work both technically and commercially;
- Determination to succeed, demonstrating a strong work ethic and with driven ambition for success in this sales orientated role;
- Experience of effective working with distributor sales personnel;
- Relevant experience within a company with an Industrial background;
- Strong communication skills;
- Proven sales track record;
- Knowledge of major end-users within the territory;
- Understanding of manufacturing and basic H&S issues including Risk Assessments;
- Ability to develop strategies for managing and developing Distributor Partners;
- Ability and willingness to travel;
- Professional approach, of smart appearance and possess a dynamic and creative approach to selling;
- Possess a good level of IT proficiency in using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel as well as experience of working with a CRM previously;
- Business Planning Skills alongside a commercial awareness of understanding profitability and cost drivers;
- Strong analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
Terms & Benefits:
- Salary will be between £30k & £35k per annum dependent on experience
- On target bonus potential of 15%
- Company Car/Car Allowance
- Generous Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Active Sports & Social events culture
TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR FULL CV. PLEASE ALSO INCLUDE A COVERING LETTER INDICATING YOUR CURRENT REMUNERATION LEVEL AND AVAILABILITY TO START