Safety Education Coordinator
SAFETY EDUCATION CO-ORDINATOR
Full time position 37 hours
Salary: £25,463 - £29,909 per annum Grade 4
Location – Service Headquarters, Calcot, Reading
Excellent annual leave allowance, Flexible Working Hours and Onsite gym facilities
The role of the Safety Education Co-ordinator is to work as part of a small team co-ordinating, developing and designing RBFRS's safety education and related community safety initiatives in order to fulfill our core funcation of promoting fire safety and also our wider remits of promoting road and water safety and supporting children and young people.
The key focus of this role is:
- to take a lead role within the team in the co-ordination of specific safety education subject areas or initiatives
- to deliver specialised safety education or initiatives.
- to deliver training to RBFRS staff so they can deliver safety education and initiatives
- to carry out quality assurance of RBFRS’s safety education or initiatives
Key role requirements:
- deliver information effectively to a range of audiences
- good presentation skills to engage an audience
- able to work with groups of young people with challenging inappropriate behaviour
- organisational skills to be able to work unsupervised to meet time limits and deadlines
- holds and maintains a current EU driving licence
- Application Process
If you are interested in applying for this position, an application form and job profile can be obtained from our website www.rbfrs.co.uk
For further details about the role please contact Nicola Clark, Commissioned Services and Safety Education Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal discussion.
Completed applications should be emailed to HR@rbfrs.co.uk
Please note we do not accept applications via Agencies or CV’s without an accompanying application form.
Closing date for applications is 1700 hours Wednesday 4 July 2018
It is anticipated that the interview process will run week commencing 16 July 2018
Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service is committed to equality of opportunity, and is actively seeking a more diverse workforce. If you are disabled and meet the essential criteria of the role, you will be guaranteed an interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.