Senior HR Advisor
Senior HR Advisor – Full Time or Part Time 4 day week considered
£30,000 - £32,000 pa FTE (salary dependent upon experience) plus benefits
The HR Dept (Trafford and Warrington) is an established and growing franchise business providing outsourced HR for many varied clients within the SME sector and in the education sector, owing to the growth of Academies and Multi-Academy Trusts seeking outsourced professional HR support.
We are looking for an experienced, commercial and confident Senior HR Advisor to be based in our stunning offices at Denzell House, Denzell Gardens in Bowdon, Altrincham with the ability to travel to client sites as required.
With up to date knowledge of employment law and very experienced in managing complex HR cases, ideally with experience gained from within the commercial and education sectors, you will work as part of a small team of experienced HR professionals.
You’ll be required to provide quality, pragmatic and commercially focused HR advice and support to a varied portfolio of clients. This will involve office based telephone and email advice and support, as well as attending client sites to provide on-site HR support as needed. The building of relationships and your credibility with clients is critical.
- Providing commercial, pragmatic and professional HR advice and support to clients
- Advising clients on disciplinary and grievance processes, from investigations through to appeals
- Advising on performance management processes and sickness absence management
- Advising and delivering organisational change, redundancy projects and managing TUPE transfer processes
- Conducting disciplinary, grievance and sickness absence meetings on client sites
- Coaching, supporting and developing clients with their HR issues
- Reviewing employment documentation and drafting (from templates provided) contracts of employment and employee handbooks, ensuring compliance with current legislation and best practice
- Conducting training courses for clients on a variety of HR topics
- Attending networking events and promoting the services of the HR Dept
- Managing recruitment activity for clients
- Developing competency frameworks for clients
- Supporting wider HR and business activities within the team as required
Key skills and experience:
- CIPD qualified
- Employee relations experience is essential, preferably with some experience in an education environment
- Sound understanding and knowledge of UK employment law and its practical application
- Solutions orientated and ‘can do’ approach
- Strong and articulate communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to communicate with a range of people at all levels
- Able to engage in wider, strategic issues whilst understanding and having attention to the detail
- Ability to apply sound judgment and identify and appropriately manage risk
- Ability to manage and prioritise a busy and changing workload
- Great team player
- Ability to proficiently use IT systems including Microsoft Office and in-house HR software.
We are not a call centre. We work with our clients on a ‘local and personal’ basis. We provide clients with commercially focused human resource management solutions, based on our ‘can do’ approach and using our up to date knowledge on employment law.
You will be required to travel to client sites, usually within an hour of Altrincham. You must have your own car and a clean driving licence.
If you have the right skills, experience and would like to join our great team as the business continues to grow and you develop with us, we would love to hear from you.
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter including the following:
- Your experience in an advisory HR role (preferably including working in an education environment)
- Relevant qualifications
- Your current FTE salary
- Preference for full time or reduced hours (4 days per week)
- Your availability to start work
Strictly no Recruitment Agencies please.