Harness Design Engineer
Our Client, a global major Tier 1 Automotive company specialising in the supply of high technology electronic modules, instrumentation and wiring harness systems, seek an experienced Harness Design Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis as a “resident” to be based in Basildon, Essex. Offering superb long term career prospects, this role is offering a competitive (albeit negotiable) basic salary, and full benefits package. This role is to be recruited with immediate effect.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the main responsibilities of this role will see you supporting the routing and packaging of wiring harnesses and components.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Design and 3D drafting in Catia V5 using the Harness Tool.
- 3D data management using Teamcenter
- Package investigations and development of solutions to EDS related package issues
- Adhere to Customer specifications and requirements while developing designs
- Timely implementation of design changes during program development, prototype and production build phases
- Review designs with customer manufacturing team to ensure feasibility for instillation into vehicle
- Ensure EDS routing and package design is compatible with vehicle environment, including using the E2KS DPA0/1 process
- Deliver the EDS design according to the program timing plan and in accordance with internal and customer requirements
- Prepare marked up 2D drawings to support design changes
- Participate in internal and customer meetings to support EDS design and development
- Support design reviews, prototype harness and vehicle builds at company and customer locations.
- Identify, track and resolve EDS design and manufacturing issues.
- Participate in TVM, VA/VE and benchmarking activities.
- Generate, review and evaluate potential cost reduction ideas.
- Carry out CAD assembly investigations together with the responsible project engineers in virtual vehicle assembly rooms
- Preparation of 3D CAD design drafts for wiring harness components, e.g. cable channels, brackets and fixing parts as a basis for the detail design by the component supplier.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Should ideally be educated to Degree level in Electrical, Mechanical or Automotive Engineering, or possess equivalent relevant experience
- Solid experience in design and development of vehicle wiring harnesses/automotive products
- Catia V5 and Teamcenter
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
Is this you?
Forbes HR Ltd is committed to equal opportunities