ACTIVITIES CO-ORDINATOR (CARE HOME) - £7.50/HOUR - PETERBOROUGH
JOB TITLE: Activities Co-ordinator
To organise activities and social events for service users both inside and outside the Home and devise
appropriate activity programmes in liaison with the Manager, Nurse and HCA in the Home. To
individualise activities to meet and support the physical, social and emotional needs of service users in
order to enhance their quality of life.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
1. To liaise with the Manager regarding appropriate activities and social events for service users.
2. To arrange appropriate entertainment programmes for service users after discussion with the Home Manager.
3. To draw up activities programme for display in the Home and encourage service users to participate.
4. To seek the views of service users/relevant representatives regarding their preferred activities/social events.
5. To discuss with individual service users, their past hobbies, current ability and their desired or preferred activities; taking into account their social and emotional needs.
6. To research appropriate materials/games/venues/ equipment for the Home's activities store.
7. To ensure that the service users’ lifestyle is maintained in accordance with The Residential Home Philosophy of Care and Resident’s Charter.
8. To ensure that the Home’s Code of Conduct is maintained at all times
9. To work with service users in groups and individually with handicrafts or games of their choice.
10. To maintain appropriate records of service users activities and liaise with the Manager regarding entries in the service users Care Plan.
11. To provide suitable exercise programmes for service users in order to maintain their mobility.
12. To undertake induction training and to participate in training programmes which may be required either by Law or Company Standards
13. To co-operate and develop good relationships with all staff.
14. To develop positive relationships with service users, relatives, visitors and other professionals.
15. To maintain confidentiality at all times.
16. To report any equipment and defects or hazards in the correct manner.
17. To abide by the Company's Quality Procedures, Policies and Work Practices and report/record all non-conformances in the correct manner.
18. To report promptly all complaints, however minor to the Manager.
19. To report all accidents and incidents in the correct manner.
20. To undertake training in manual handling operations and specific lifting techniques.
21. To comply with the regulations in respect of Health & Safety at Work, COSHH, environmental health, fire precautions etc. and abide by the Company's Health & Safety Policy.
22. To report any changes in service users condition or ability to the Manager.
23. To participate in marketing activities/functions as requested by the Manager.
24. To promote the good name of the Company at all times.
25. To abide by the Service users Charter of Rights.
26. To attend meetings as requested by the Home Manager.
27. To undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Manager.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of activities, but rather an outline of the main areas of responsibility.
The post holder will be required to undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested in order to maintain the smooth running of the service.
The Company reserves the right to alter the content of this job description, subsequent to consultation to reflect changes to the job or services provided, without altering the general character or level of responsibility