Skipper (Test Engineer) / Fit Out Engineer
Experienced Skipper / Test Engineer required for luxury yacht manufacturer within Plymouth. The successful candidate will split their time equally between performing sea trials and working as part of the Engineering fit out team.
Skipper / Test Engineer Duties:
• Sea trial boats and ensure that engines and all services/utilities are performing to the optimum levels.
• To test all systems on the boat ensuring they meet both company and General work instruction standards.
• Checking the quality of all system installations and reporting any quality failures.
• To report all test issues giving accurate and clear descriptions of any problems or failures, helping to reduce similar problems moving forward.
• To accurately update all active “Boat Test Report Folders” ensuring company standards are adhered to at all times.
• Effective reporting of all test fails back in to the business constructively assisting in ways to improve quality and to reduce future/reoccurring test issues.
Fit Out Engineer Duties:
• Install all mechanical and electrical items in sequence of build.
• Test all electrical circuits, fault finding and problem solving.
• Mechanical installation of generators, steering rams, rudders etc.
• Carry out all critical checks & sign off’s.
Knowledge / Experience required
• Boatman’s licence, or Day Skipper Licence as a minimum.
• VHF Operators licence.
• Boat handling and piloting.
• Engineering Apprenticeship (Electrical or Mechanical).
• Knowledge of power boat fit out as it relates to Engineering, Understanding how the technology actually works and what it does.
• Knowledge and use of radar
• First Aid at Sea Course and Survival at Sea course
Quality & Quantity of Instruction received.
• Required to make complex decisions.
• Skill and knowledge in boat handling to ensure the boat and people are not at placed at risk. Normally in sole charge when carrying out sea trials etc, but works to Work Instructions and check lists.
If you have the experience, and hold the certificates, listed above, and are seeking a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone (Apply online only) and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest