Software Helpdesk Manager
An overview of the opportunity...
We are looking for a Software Helpdesk Manager with strong management skills to lead a fantastic team of Support Consultants at our modern offices in Stourport on Severn.
You will need to be a motivated Manager with a ‘can do’ attitude, who takes responsibility whilst using their initiative. An individual who possesses good people and communication skills and is passionate about all aspects of the role they perform.
- Managing a team of 28 support personnel
- Ensuring excellent customer service
- Management of team KPIs and contractual SLAs
- Proactively evaluating and improving departmental processes and procedures
- Management of staff training and development
- Responsible for a team of 3 experienced Team Leaders
What you should expect…
Your team members are a happy and enthusiastic bunch, with committed Team Leaders supporting them, who thrive on troubleshooting and assisting our customers to get the most out of their prof.ITplus software. Helping customers is the cornerstone of what we do, we receive about 800 calls a week and there’s a real buzz in the team when we are problem-solving, and sharing knowledge.
You’ll have lots of variety too, as you’ll have overall responsibility for managing the prof.ITplus Application Support, Linux Infrastructure Support, WebServices and our prof.ITplus Installations Teams. You will thrive in an environment where the achievement of SLAs and KPIs is key, enjoy the highs of troubleshooting and solving problems whilst encouraging individual learning and progression.
We’ll provide you with full training on our prof.ITplus software and processes, but some experience of working in a similar busy environment would be advantageous, where two days are never the same. A good understanding of ERP systems would be of benefit.
Who you will be working with...
You’ll become a very important cog within our business, forming part of the Software Management Team.
The Helpdesk is made up of four individual teams, with three Team Leaders taking on the day to day responsibility of their associated teams. Team members are made up of individuals just starting their IT career to long service employees of over 20 years’ service, which leads to an extremely good balance of skills in a very supportive and collaborative team.
You will in conjunction with our Software Management Team, as well as regular contact with the Software Sales Teams and members of our Technical Company.
The ideal candidate...
- Experience of a Helpdesk or Service Desk environment
- Software / ERP applications
- Experience of managing a large team
- Confident individual, possessing excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly focussed on providing excellent customer care and service
- The ability to drive forward service and teams
- Ability to work under pressure
- Have problem solving skills, with an analytical mind set
- Attractive salary package, dependent on experience
- Company vehicle
- Company mobile phone
- Company laptop
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Company pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Excellent development opportunities
- Hours: Monday – Thursday 8.45 – 5.30 / Friday 8.45 – 5.00
Email our Recruitment Team with your CV and a covering letter telling us why you are perfect for this role.