Works Operations Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Property Services for the permanent post of Works Operations Manager.
Post Title: Works Operations Manager
Department: Property Services
Responsible to: Head of Maintenance
Management of Contracts Team, Planned Maintenance Team and Technical Service Engineers relating to the procurement, management and monitoring of the repairs, planned and cyclical maintenance works undertaken on the Group's stock by internal and external contractors.
Management of tender processes through Group defined procurement routes, budget management and cost reviews to ensure a value for money approach.
Management of repairs & maintenance, planned works, servicing and ad-hoc property related contracts across the Group.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Head of Maintenance in the management and delivery of repairs & maintenance, planned and servicing contracts across the Group
- Lead on procurement activity and contract management for Property Services including preparing contractual documentation, tenders, specifications, standards and schedules of work
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Health & Safety legislation including the requirements of the CDM 2015 regulations.
- Deal with contractual queries and problems; monitor contractor performance; Investigate issues relating to contractor performance
- Hold regular liaison meetings with contractors including briefing contractors on the Group's standards and procedures
- Identify scheme risks and implement appropriate risk management actions as necessary (e.g. health and safety, CDM 2015, compliance - delivering any resulting action plans)
- Day to day management of Contracts Team, Planned Works Team and Technical Service Engineers.
Candidate should be able meet the following criteria:
HNC/HND Building Studies; or recognised trade qualification; or time served.
Degree or equivalent (HND, RICS or CIOB)
- Substantial experience of managing a responsive repairs and planned works.
- An understanding of maintenance schedules of rates, partnering contracts, housing repairs legislation, CDM and construction health and safety legislation
- Desirable - Project Management Methodology; Prince 2, Six Sigma, Waterfall
- Ability to deal with customers in a professional, customer focused manner, over the telephone, in writing and face to face
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse range of people and take account of their views.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to change and have the ability and willingness to identify opportunities to improve performance.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, please click below to view the job description and the person specification.
Applications to be submitted by Monday 25th September 2017 via the Progress Housing Group Website. https://www.progressgroup.org.uk/
Shortlisting will take place on Friday 29th September 2017
Interviews will take place on Thursday 5th October 2017