Regional Sales Manager
Experienced Regional Sales Manager for the Southern Region with earnings of up to £35k per annum + bonus + car/allowance + enhanced benefits.
Mapa Professionnel is a leading player in the manufacturing of high quality and innovative hand protection (PPE). As a global leader hand protection, Mapa Professionnel is the industrial arm of Mapa Spontex, a household name in the UK. Mapa also manufactures a range of industrial sponges, scourers and wipes for the Catering/Food Sector which again opens up further opportunities and scope for growth. Mapa Professionnel is constantly looking to improve its product range, and has had major success providing PPE solutions across the globe.
Due to our continuing success we are looking to recruit an experienced Regional Sales Manager for the South of the UK, reporting into the UK Country Sales Manager, to proactively manage and develop existing Distributor Partners, with the majority focus of the role being to convert new business with end users.
For the Regional Sales Manager, the focus is about ensuring strong and sustainable distributor relationships through the development of end user opportunities - optimising distribution efficiencies and developing a high level of service.
Critical to the success of the RSM role will be the strong work ethic and desire to succeed through the conversion of end user opportunities in conjunction with the ability to develop and manage Key Distributor Partner relationships.
A key element to this role will be commuting as the region covers south of the UK below Birmingham, across to Norfolk and down along the South Coast.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of success, along with strong negotiation skills, and a customer-focused approach. Ideally you will have experience in working for a Global or UK manufacturer selling to industrial distribution or demonstrate great potential in this field. Experience in PPE is not essential as full training will be provided. Candidates with strong potential, commercial acumen and/or Technical practices will positively impact this role.
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- A proven track record in sales with experience in improving sales performance and implementing change;
- A focus on sales end user development, adding value and consistently high service levels;
- Adept at managing negotiations associated with multi-channel & multi-site;
- Adept at influencing internal and external decision makers at all levels;
- Using innovative techniques to take new ideas to market;
- A background in both B2B and B2C activities would be advantageous;
- Strong ethics: work honestly, diligently and with integrity;
- Experience of effective working with distributor sales personnel, along with the ability to develop strategies for managing and developing Distributor Partners;
- Relevant experience within a company with an Industrial background, ideally with an understanding of manufacturing and basic H&S issues including Risk Assessments;
- Possess a good level of IT proficiency in using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel as well as experience of working with a CRM previously;
- Business Planning Skills alongside a commercial awareness of understanding profitability and cost drivers;
- Strong organsiational skills are essential as this is predominantly an autonomous role and therefore planning, time management & administration skills are required;
Terms & Benefits:
- Salary will be between £30k & £35k per annum dependent on experience
- On target bonus potential of 15%
- Company Car/Car Allowance
- Generous Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Active Sports & Social events culture
TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR FULL CV TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW. PLEASE ALSO INCLUDE A COVERING LETTER INDICATING YOUR CURRENT REMUNERATION LEVEL AND AVAILABILITY TO START