Workforce Engagement Lead - 12 months fixed term
Workforce Engagement Lead, 12 month Fixed Term
Grade 5 - Salary £30,785 - £35,444 per annum
Location – Service Headquarters, Calcot, Reading
Excellent annual leave allowance of 27 days plus bank holidays and Flexible Working Hours, onsite Gym Facilities, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and pension scheme.
This is a fixed term role for a period of 12 months and will be pivotal in the delivery of Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service (RBFRS) corporate projects and programmes. Your focus will be to ensure our strategic commitments are central to all we do and support the Programme Board to deliver effective workforce engagement and internal communications on our priority projects.
The key focus of this role is:
- Working with our Senior Leadership Team, managers and project teams, you will take the lead role in developing innovative ways to deliver impactful and inspiring internal communication and engagement materials
- Creation and use of techniques and tools to engage staff ensuring our engagement activities drive the culture change programme
- Maximise the use of our communication channels to engage and improve satisfaction levels
- Delivery of training in support of improved written and verbal communication
- Take a lead role in working towards Investors in People accreditation
Key role requirements:
- Possess excellent communication skills with an extensive knowledge of communication and engagement methods
- Creation of actions plans to deliver against and be able to design and deliver excellent communications in all formats
- Provide opportunity for cross team learning and best practice sharing
- Be effective in stakeholder management and be confident in liaising with staff at all levels
- Have a determined and proactive approach to work with a proven track record of delivery
- Display good initiative with a self motivated approach to work and manage your workload.
An application form and job profile can be obtained from our website http://www.rbfrs.co.uk/working-for-us/vacancies/
For further details about the role please contact Angela Smith, Programme Office Lead at email@example.com to arrange an informal discussion.
Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we do not accept applications via Agencies or CV’s without an accompanying application form.
Closing date for applications is 09:00 hours, Tuesday 26th September 2017
It is anticipated that the assessment process will run week commencing 2nd October 2017.
Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service is committed to equality of opportunity, and is actively seeking a more diverse workforce. If you are disabled and meet the essential criteria of the role, you will be guaranteed an interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.