Graduate Robotics / Mechatronics Engineer
Graduate Robotics / Mechatronics Engineer required. The purpose of this role is to develop and introduce to the market new automatic self-guiding cleaning systems based upon artificial intelligence techniques combined with our company’s innovative cleaning technologies.
The successful candidate will be required to participate in the development of self-guided robotic products for cleaning and the establishment of a production facility for these products.
A minimum of a good BSc (1st or 2.1) or postgraduate degree in a relevant subject with a strong electronic engineering and computer systems aspect is essential. These may include but are not limited to Mechatronics, Computer Systems Engineering, Electronic Engineering or closely related subject. Likewise essential is facility with circuit design as appropriate to embedded systems.
You must show an enthusiasm for research, and excellent problem solving skills. Knowledge of Python, C and C++ familiarity with the Linux OS and development environments, cameras, vision systems and motor control would be an advantage. An understanding of production digital systems and commercial exploitation would also be an advantage, as would any relevant work experience.
The post holder will need to be a confident communicator with highly developed written, oral and presentation skills, capable of publishing in scientific journals, and be able to liaise effectively with a range of internal and external contacts, including customers in the UK and abroad. They should be an enthusiastic, hardworking, team player with some leadership qualities. They will be outgoing, self-motivated, have an ability to work independently and be creative and intuitive.
The ability to project manage is essential. You should also have an interest in training and embedding knowledge to other company staff. Some business acumen and understanding of business planning and pressures would be an advantage.You must be willing and able to travel independently both within the UK and overseas
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop knowledge and expertise base
- Develop automatics guidance software systems for application to company products ands support hardware development
- Help to establish a systematic embedded software development facility.
- Support development of a production capability for digital electronic products
- Developing algorithms to perform mapping, localisation, sensor fusion and ultimately autonomous navigation.
- New Products implementation into the marketplace
- Develop new automatic cleaning products.
- Develop cleaning systems using clusters of collaborating automatic cleaning machines.
- Informing marketing and customer service material.
- Benefit analysis and project closure.
- Field trials to establish usability of now products.
Any experience with the technologies below is desirable:
- Deep learning and machine vision including computer vision libraries: OpenCV, PCL, etc
- ROS, SLAM and / or other robotic systems.
- PCB designing experience
37.5 hours Monday to Friday.
Salary Guide: £25k-£30k pa