Skilled General Machinist - Toolroom
The Tool Room department has an exciting opportunity for a Skilled General Machinist, reporting directly to the Senior Tooling Specialist.
The role of Skilled General Machinst:
- Carry out basic and in depth injection moulding tooling repairs
- Control and perform pre-defined daily safety checks of all tool room machinery
- Control of departmental chemicals and usage in accordance with COSHH regulations
- Continuous process improvements supporting companywide projects
- Control and maintain departmental environmental commitment through 5s activities
- Provide high precision components used in injection moulding tools, automation projects and high technology assembly lines
The ideal Skilled General Machinist:
- Hold a ONC/HNC or higher (must be in an Engineering discipline)
- Skilled in the use of the below machines:
- Manual milling machine
- Manual lathe
- Manual surface grinder
- Manual spark erosion (EDM machines
- Salary – up to £32,000
- Pension Scheme up to 12 % employer contributions
- Life assurance up to 4 x annual salary
- Voluntary lifestyle benefit scheme
- 31 days holiday
- Discounted Manchester United home game tickets
- Discounted Epson products and consumables
- Onsite occupational health, physiotherapist and counsellor services
- Company Sick Pay scheme
- Free secure parking onsite
Hours of work: Monday – Thursday 8.30 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. Friday 8.30 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.
Epson Telford is the only European manufacturing and distribution site for ink cartridge, and textile inks. Quality and innovation is at the heart of everything we do, from our clean room environment to our in-house machinery, design and technology improvements which use our own Epson 6-axis robots.
Epson Telford is at the forefront of Seiko Epson’s environmental activities and was the first site within the Group to receive ISO14001. Epson Telford continues to have dedicated improvement activities to reduce energy and ensure we send zero waste to landfill.
Epson Telford is part of the Seiko Epson Corporation.
The Epson Group are a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with our original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a line-up that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 73,000 employees in 91 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Thank you for applying with Epson Telford. If you have not heard off us within 14 working days please assume we will not be proceeding further with your application. We wish you all the best in your search for future employment.
Apply for Skilled General Machinist - Toolroom
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly