PLC Controls Engineer
An exciting opportunity exists within our Technical Development Team for a PLC Controls Engineer. This role will report directly into our Senior Technical Manager and will be responsible for providing technical advice and guidance, designing control and process circuits and the modification and installation of control systems.
The role of PLC Controls Engineer:
• PLC/HMI design, installation and commissioning (Keyence, Omron, Mitsubishi)
• PLC/Electrical (low voltage) fault finding
• Providing advice and guidance on any matters in relation to electrical standards and control systems
• Designing control and process circuits
• Modification and installation of control systems on automated machinery
• Specification of electrical control components
• Work to constantly improve efficiency of production machinery
The ideal PLC Controls Engineer:
• Recognised apprenticeship scheme completed with relevant HNC/D qualification
• Experience as an PLC Controls Engineer with circuit design, PLC programming and fault finding
• Experience of robotics preferable
• Experience of CE Marking process
• Previous experience within a fast paced manufacturing environment
• Proactive approach to continuous improvement
• High attention to detail with good analytical and reporting skills
• Ability to be flexible, work within a team and show initiative when working alone
• Salary – up to £45,000
• Pension Scheme up to 12 % employer contributions
• Life assurance up to 4 x annual salary
• Voluntary lifestyle benefit scheme
• 31 days holiday
• Discounted Manchester United home game tickets
• Discounted Epson products and consumables
• Onsite occupational health, Physiotherapist and Counselling services
• Company Sick Pay scheme
• Free secure parking onsite
Epson Telford is the only European manufacturing and distribution site for ink cartridge, and textile inks. Quality and innovation is at the heart of everything we do, from our clean room environment to our in-house machinery, design and technology improvements which use our own Epson 6-axis robots.
Epson Telford is at the forefront of Seiko Epson’s environmental activities and was the first site within the Group to receive ISO14001. Epson Telford continues to have dedicated improvement activities to reduce energy and ensure we send zero waste to landfill.
Epson Telford is part of the Seiko Epson Corporation.
The Epson Group are a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with our original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a line-up that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 73,000 employees in 91 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Thank you for applying with Epson Telford. If you have not heard off us within 14 working days please assume we will not be proceeding further with your application. We wish you all the best in your search for future employment.
Apply for PLC Controls Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly