Electrical Team Leader
An opportunity has arisen within Property Services for the post of Electrical Team Leader predominantly working on Responsive Repairs and Planned Work in the Property Services department. This is a full time, permanent position and will be responsible to the Electrical Manager.
Brief Job Summary:
Supervision and management of directly employed multi trade operatives, contractors and agency workers to ensure responsive repairs and planned works are carried out within timescales and quality standards and in line with current H&S legislation
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in collaboration with the work scheduling team and Progress Connect to ensure effective and timely allocation of work
- Regular and “ad hoc” site inspections to ensure safe and effective working Inc. audit of work
- Delivery of and support in Team meetings
- The role will require the individual to be a mobile and agile worker visiting site on a regular basis primarily multi-site based and require daily site visits
- Liaise with tenants and deal with all aspects of customers complaints within the agreed organisational timescales.
- Be responsible for managing van stock and materials used by operatives; carrying out regular van stock audits; ensure that operatives have the correct van stock, materials and tools and dealing with work scheduling queries
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Organisational Policy’s and Health & Safety legislation including the requirements of the CDM regulations.
- Undertake post inspection
- Previous experience of supervising and effectively managing a directly employed multi trade directly employed team; to include both contractors and agency workers is essential.
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulation Certificate
- Testing and Inspection Certificate,
- Work towards achieving the necessary standards to become a Qualifying Supervisor.
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work in a challenging and constantly changing work environment and to effectively deal with the issues that it brings.
- Ability to interpret data from various sources and familiarity with QL and DRS would be beneficial.
- Understanding of the importance of providing customer service excellence and committed to providing quality housing related services to tenants and other customers is essential.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, please click below to view the job description and the person specification.
Closing date: 25th September 2017