Cheesemonger / Cheese Shop Assistant
The Fine Cheese Co
We are a retailer, wholesaler and exporter of British & European Artisan cheese. The Fine Cheese Co. started from our passion for cheese and our belief that good cheese deserves a wider audience.Our passion for cheese embraces other gourmet food and wine – for example our own Crackers, Fruits, Chutneys and Pickles to complement cheese, and specialities from France, Germany and Italy that we import directly and exclusively.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals who share our passion for the highest quality ingredients and customer service to join our team. In addition to an expected skill-set, we are looking for individuals with a certain mind-set:
- A sense of unity – We are all operating towards the same goal as a team
- A sense of purpose – We are all aiming to deliver unexcelled quality and service
- A sense of willing endeavour – We all try our best for our customers and colleagues
Duties & Responsibilities
- To greet and welcome all customers, to be available at all times to answer their questions, to assist them with any needs they may have, displaying high level of customer service, anticipating customer and Cheese shop needs.
- To ensure that all chilled fresh food are kept to and presented at the highest standard at all times following cheese care procedures.
- To store cheese and other chilled goods, and take care of them while they are in store.
- To cut, wrap, weigh and label cheese and other chilled goods whilst complying to company health and safety policy.
- To check chilled deliveries are delivered inline with the purchase order and raise any issues with the shop manager.
- To be accurate, when record keeping, making entries into the till and when giving change.
- To answer the telephone when appropriate, and to field all customer calls and enquiries politely, helpfully and with patience.
- To comply with all food hygiene policies and rules.
- To ensure the Cheese Shop is clean and presentable at all times, and in particular the working area behind the counter, all cheese fridges, the food preparation area and the dish washing areas.
- To take note of shelves that need filling, and of stock that is low, and to replenish shelves and warn your Line Manager of low stocks.
- To work alongside others with co-operation and respect, and to communicate honestly and openly and contribute to a positive team environment
- To use your initiative when working, so as to be productive, but also so as to be reliable and responsive.
This document does not contain an exhaustive list of duties/responsibilities and should be read as such.
- Location: Walcot St, Bath
- 4 days a week
Apply for Cheesemonger / Cheese Shop Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly