Press Setter / Operator
An opportunity has arisen for a talented Press Setter / Operator to join the team at Arlington Automotive in County Durham. The team is rapidly expanding due to the current workload and future automotive projects.
- Conduct setting tasks as required by changes in batch production
- Carry out tool changes on Manual/progression presses utilizing mechanical principles
- Adhere to quality procedures such as first off, last off and quality critical checks.
- Undertake operation of presses to achieve production targets
- Understand and adhere to standard operating procedures
- Take an active part within a team environment and contribute to improvements and team objectives
- Achieve Company targets in personal timekeeping and attendance
- Be prepared to undertake training to enhance skills as necessary to perform key tasks.
- Must be committed to ensuring that Health & Safety & safe working practices, is of paramount importance
- Carryout 5S duties, to ensure an excellent standard of housekeeping is maintained
Please note that there is a requirement to work a shift pattern in this position.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Proven knowledge and experience of mechanical engineering principles and pressings technology.
- Accustomed to working in a team culture using modern manufacturing techniques.
- Have experience in a high volume, high quality manufacturing.
- Possess a positive, open and flexible attitude to change, whilst performing under pressure
- The ability to convey information in an easily understood way and correctly interpret communications from others
- Awareness of Company procedures and follow them
- Possess an excellent timekeeping and attendance record.
- Be able to demonstrate a flexible attitude towards duties, shift-working and overtime as and when required.
- Willing to learn new job skills – 5S, Standard Operations and participate in improvement activities.
- Able to use and work with Quality Procedures – e.g. First Off, Last Off, and Quality critical checks.
- Experience in Setting, Resetting and Operation of Manual/progression presses.