Toolmaker (Die Maintenance Technician)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Die Maintenance Technician to join the team at Arlington Automotive in County Durham. The team is rapidly expanding due to the current workload and future automotive projects.
- To service and repair press tooling & jigs
- To support new project tooling from commissioning stages through to start of production
- To attend press breakdown, identify causes and problem solve at the press with minimal downtime.
- To take ownership of specific tool suites and maintain performance with minimal supervision.
- To improve and develop current and new project tooling.
- To ensure company targets are met in respect of quality of parts produced.
- To manufacture tool and ancillary spares.
- To document and update die history and other work records.
- Ensure safe working practices are maintained and adhered to.
- Undertake personal training to enhance skills necessary to perform key tasks.
- To comply with any reasonable requests and duties as may be assigned by the Tool Room Supervisor from time to time.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Capable of working under minimal supervision and using own initiative
- To have served a recognised apprenticeship as a Die Technician or Toolmaker and or...
- ...be educated to NVQ level 3 in Mechanical/Production Engineering or similar area.
- To have experience in tool maintenance with good hand tool and some welding skills preferably within the automotive industry.
- To be an enthusiastic and ambitious team player.
- Be able to undertake shift working and overtime working which may include weekend working at short notice.
- Understanding of Health & Safety law, Quality systems & environmental legislation.