NGN's Major Project team have a significant portfolio of work for the new RIIO price control review. This position will play a key role in supporting the commercial manager ensuring commercial compliance within NGN's governance, effective administration of commercial contracts, leading on tendering of projects supporting the commercial team on all commercial issues, supporting the Major Projects team, close out of accounts and contribute to the forecasting and accrual processes at month end.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in a similar role
- Must be conversant with Commercial Principles & Contract Administration of NEC contracts or similar.
- Must be conversant with preparation of Budgets and Forecasting
- Ability to estimate cost from first principles for utilities engineering projects
- Extensive knowledge of the utilities sector and commercial arrangements used to engage supply chain.
- The ability to ensure that programmes are agreed, targets set and deadlines achieved
- Must hold excellent communication skills with ability to establish effective commercial relationships with supply chain partners and contractors.
- The ability to deliver pre and post contract commercial services
- Ability to lead and develop a team of quantity surveyors and assistant quantity surveyors.
- Good Organisational skills
- Ability to operate with a high degree of personal integrity and trust.
- Must be educated to Degree Level, or relevant equivalent.
- Membership of RICS desirable
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Up to £40,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Up to 10% bonus
- 25 days holiday per year plus 8 bank holidays
- SSP for first 5 working days then Occupational sick pay
- Stakeholder 5/10 pension scheme
- Flexible benefits including salary sacrifice options such as cycle to work, childcare vouchers, gym membership and many more
- Maternity and Paternity pay plus other family friendly policies