Operations Manager – Logistics Sector
Salary: up to £45,000 per annum
Location: Croydon, Surrey
Full time – up to 50 hours per week, hours determined by business needs.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager to join a well know logistics organisation in Croydon. You will be responsible for ensuring the effective running of the operations and logistics functions of the company.
You will also be responsible for leading and managing a team to improve its effectiveness by meeting targets, whilst delivering excellent customer service. You will be expected to meet KPI’s, as agreed.
- Identifying and implementing a suitable strategic direction within operations and logistics
- Developing and managing operations and logistics functions including delivery of the relevant quality, customer service, health and safety levels and efficiency/cost focus
- Promoting a continuous improvement culture within the business
- Carrying out strategic reviews of the department’s function ensuring high performance
- Leading, monitoring and motivating staff and identifying training needs
- Ensuring all operations are carried out in accordance with legislative requirements
- Providing operational and logistical management information to enable performance evaluation
- Managing the operational and logistical budget and monitor and control operational costs
- Preparing information and proposals for CAPEX and key investments as required, in order to aid objective analysis and objective calculation of return on investment
Key Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of improving and planning operations
- Ability to successfully plan and provide an efficient manufacturing schedule
- Good financial acumen and ability to create and work to a budget
- Experience in the logistics industry preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Good problem solving skills and proven analytical skills
- Good leadership and management skills
- Positive attitude and ability to sustain high organisational performance
A successful candidate will be able to work effectively in a multi-functional team. If you have the right skills we would like to hear from you.
NB. Due to large volume of applications we cannot always contact all applicants. If you do not hear from us within 10 days please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.