Machine Operator (6am to 2pm & 2pm to 10pm - Rotating Shifts)
Billericay, CM12 0DT
The role of Machine Operator:
- Open up or lock up, start / or end of late shift (Keyholder).
- Running the form filler unit, set ups / start up checks / fault finding.
- To work off production plan.
- Coordinate any other members of staff within the section.
- Demonstrating a commitment to Health & Safety by working in a safe manner, role modelling our safety behaviours, challenging unsafe practices, rectifying unsafe conditions and escalating to other team members when support is needed.
- Undertaking routine checks to validate and maintain equipment safety control systems to maintain statutory compliance. Escalating any food safety breach or quality issues and ensuring that any product below our standards is identified and held and the issues are escalated appropriately, resolved and released.
- Active involvement, commitment and governance of the quality management system, making sure all relevant controls and procedures are completed effectively to validate food safety controls and the products we make exceed customer and consumer expectations.
- Understanding, adhering to and leading good manufacturing practices and company standards of hygiene, PPE, and dress code. Role modelling a 'Clean as You Go' approach, leading workplace organisation and visual management standards with the team.
- Effective operation and optimisation of equipment and priorities to meet the production demand and delivery of the highest quality of products.
- Through the ownership of performance and yield in your area/asset you'll optimise running conditions and lead the mechanical improvement activities that ensure effective use of resources.
- Analysis and interpretation of operational machine parameters to support your effective decision making and drive improvements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely recording of downtime and raw material usage in an area.
- Undertaking advanced/complex fault finding, decision making and rectification on equipment and leading the identification of root cause, escalating to engineering when required.
- Ensuring all equipment is properly cared for by the completion of effective cleaning and maintenance tasks.
- Working across the team and ensuring there are effective handovers to understand common challenges and opportunities seeking to identify where investigations may help most.
- Training and validating understanding to the highest standard, coaching and mentoring others to build capability.
- Energising the team and demonstrating a consistently enthusiastic approach, taking action quickly and encouraging others to do the same.