1st Line Support Technician
OGL Computer is looking to recruit 1st Line Support Technicians to join their Service Desk Support Team in the Computer Services Division at their offices in Worcestershire.
The role of the 1st Line Responder is to understand and resolve customer problems; dealing with all calls in a timely and efficient manner and ensure that SLA’s are met whilst providing excellent customer satisfaction.
The ideal 1st Line Support Technician will be responsible for:
- Logging customer incidents and requests via the telephone and where possible conclude within a 15-20 minute timescale
- Ensuring all un-resolved calls are escalated to the relevant 2nd Line Team or to the Field if on-site intervention is required
- Developing relationships and ensuring customer calls are managed efficiently
- Offering advice and support to customers in a professional manner
- To maintain a technical skillset and hold a good understanding of typical IT infrastructure and solutions found within a small to medium business i.e. Microsoft Windows 7 & 8, email systems and basic networking
- This role relies on a good understanding of IT concepts / building blocks, but not necessarily in-depth server product knowledge i.e. Active Directory
- Exceptional written and communication skills, especially in handling customer’s technical IT problems over the telephone
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Good attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Experience of working in a team-orientated, collaborative environment
Experience and Skills Required:
- Previous experience of working within a busy service desk / customer response environment would be beneficial
- Knowledge of technology / IT terms and issues
- Excellent ability to successfully balance resource requirements
- A commitment to create a first class customer service environment
- Attractive Salary Package
- 25 Days Holiday plus 8 Statutory Bank Holidays
- Private Healthcare (following a 6 month probation period)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Free on-site Parking
Established in 1976, OGL Computer Services Group Limited now employs over 250 members of staff at its offices in Worcestershire.
OGL offer support services to a large number of SME businesses. We supply, install and support products from world leading partners, including HP Enterprise (Silver Partner), Microsoft (Gold Partner), Kaspersky (Platinum Partner), WatchGuard One (Gold Partner) and VMWare (Enterprise Partner).
Interested? Then please forward your CV, including details of your salary aspirations
Apply for 1st Line Support Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly